1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discord in the big Apple: Carmelo Anthony and the knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bilaal14, Jan 16, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Corey Brewer and KJ McDaniels for Kent Bazemore works in the trade machine. I know Daryl loves his game...

roslolian likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wanted Melo over Lebron when they came out
    My reasoning . . . . MELO WON OVER BETTER COMPETITION . . National Championship in College >>>> High School championships!
    and
    I had never really seen much of LeBron beyond high lights

His career has made me eat alot of crow
    He is a detestable cancer on any team
    Any one who complains about Harden's defense has never seen this lazy craphead

Rocket River

roslolian and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Esp when you consider the Myth of Discord and the Golden Apple . . . *grin*

Rocket River

roslolian likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Daryl Morey might just have agreed with you at that time. :D

roslolian likes this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Still holding out hope for Anderson and filler.... Anthony will be perfect in his supporting role. News came out he is willing to waive his no trade clause

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

FIFY

There's no doubt that if Melo were willing to accept a supporting role (less minutes, less shots on offense, a little more effort on defense) then he would be absolutely perfect, and would make us a team that could legit throw punches with GS in terms of offensive firepower.

But I have seen nothing to suggest he is prepared to do that. He still thinks he is a superstar. If he came here, he would think that the Rockets were his and Harden's team. I would wager the more likely scenario is that he ball hogs (particularly whenever Harden isn't in the game), and simply disrupts team chemistry in a major way.

roslolian and ramotadab like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I seriously want no part of Melo
    NOTHING I have seen says he is a winner in the NBA

Rocket River

KlutchQT, abaker28, slothy420 and 3 others like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

With you. Would not want him even if he outright stated that he would be willing to take a supporting role to Harden, because I don't believe he would stick to it.

Just do not want that guy on the Rockets. Will destroy Harden's prime years because this is the part where he realizes he is a failure and won't acknowledge his role in that being the case and that will project out to his game.

Also just strategically, you will never ever be a top 10 defensive team with Harden and Melo starting. It simply will not happen even if JVG and Thibs reunited to coach the team and Bill Russell was cloned to protect the middle. You are giving the guys protecting the paint an impossible task, and that will become terrible chemistry too down the line.

BigShasta, roslolian and mikol13 like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No he freaking wouldn't. How many of you watch basketball and pay attention? Carmelo is perfectly fine with being a chucker. It. Did. Not. Work. Out. In. NYC. With. D'Antoni. Already. Melo is a stats guy and imo he wasted his career being such. Dude could have been great, great, with his skill set, but no!

People cut the melodrama out, it's been beaten to death!

BigShasta and roslolian like this.
  10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I love melo and his power inside post play around the blocks. However, his perimeter skills and shooting sucks. The way D'antoni has this team playing Eric Gordon is more valuable to this team than Melo would be.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sadly he might still agree till today.

For a guy who loves stats, who advocates shots which dropped inefficient shots I have no idea why he chased Melo 3x, even going as far as making propaganda posters when all Bosh got was an ipad ppt presentation. It makes no ******* sense, all his models should have shown Melo as the poster boy who takes too many mid range shots, no effort on D and mediocre rebounding yet he always goes all out on this guy wtf. If Melo said he wanted in on the Rox I wouldnt be surprised if DM guts the entire team and just plays with Harden, Melo and leftovers

Easy likes this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Anderson spreads the floor better than Melo. Melo has refused to participate in D'Antoni's system in the past. And Melo has generally seemed unconcerned with anything but being the star and getting paid big bucks.

That said, If Melo were bought out ala Josh Smith I would be all over signing him if he were willing to accept a role on the bench. I don't believe Melo would ever accept a bench role though and I'm not sure he would even accept a secondary role in the offense. I think he believes he's better than he is.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's way too egotistical to ever fathom a role off the bench. Leave him alone.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's what I said.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Melo waives his no trade clause, I believe we would be interested considering how hard Morey went after him a couple of years ago during free agency. This team is having a great year but we are still a notch below really contending IMO and a move like this may bump us up to the next level.

In a league where you have Durant/Curry/Thompson/Green and Lebron/Irving/Love the Rockets simply need more talent then what we have, as much as I love Gordon I believe Anthony would easily be our 2nd best player.

I think basketball wise the fit would be good too, Anthony is a great small ball 4, I think Harden and Anthony pick and roll with shooters in the corners would kill teams.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We thought Harden and Howard pick and roll with shooters in the corners would kill teams.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Melo at PF here would be devastating. He hates playing PF though because of the physicality

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO.

HTM likes this.
  19. HTM

HTM Member

Only an idiot is taking Melo at 30+ million taking up a 1/3-1/4th of their salary cap.

Dude isn't that good... is a complete ball stopper..doesn't fit at all pretty much anywhere... is old and breaking down...

so glad he chose not to come here.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member