1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disappointed about the season.. Excited about the young guns!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Apr 27, 2012.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Who else is excited about possibly seeing guys like Donuts, Llull (hopefully), and two new lottery picks (deep draft, i'd say 13 and 16 this year is like 10 and 12 last year) come in next year. Heck I still think Morris can amount to something!

I know this might not be thread-worthy, but I felt like sharing my enthusiasm in what is possibly one of the few bright spots to look forward to next season!

2. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

I'm excited too! But knowing the Rockets they won't play some of them.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

The water guns?

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not enough playing time......to go around.....

I am looking forward to D-MO, Llull is another year away.....I am uncertain about the 2 other picks...

3 rookies on the same team does not bode well for development.

DD

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yuh. Plus, Morris will pretty much be a rookie next year. I'm hoping for some draft day trades.

6. MONON

MONON Member

I agree with your points as the team is currently. That's why I feel that trades involving any or all of Scola, PatPat, Martin, Lowery, Morris & the draft picks will happen this summer. I'm really looking forward to see who we go to camp with this fall.

7. onreego

onreego Member

If the Rockets still have those 2 picks come draft day, I will be disappointed to be honest.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah, well hopefully the Rockets can finally trade Scola, Martin and possibly Lowry this summer, and if needed include Budinger and/or Patterson as sweeteners.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Excited about d-mo...I have no idea about llullllzzz.

Not sure how to be excited about Morris.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. In the limited time Morris saw this season, he really did not look too good. He couldn't guard either 3/4s and he also had trouble creating off the dribble. My hope is that he never got in rhythm, but so far not looking too good. :(

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

Trade Morris, please. Just admit we wasted another pick on a D-league tweener, do him a favor--give him another chance elsewhere--and move on. So what if we failed here? The important thing now is what we do next! C'mon DM, no more tweeners.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

That vented, I'm excited about Moti, and what we might get for Scola, Martin, +/- Lowry, +/- picks. Hoping we'll get smarter, longer, AND more athletic.

BTW, bring Camby back. That old man was playing hurt and diving on the floor. He's our starting C now, and our future Mutombo. Love his effort and attitude.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

It's probably obvious, but pretty sure D-Mo and Lowry are the 2 biggest pieces that will be dangled to get a top 5 pick.

14. scottie brooks

I am excite to see Darrel Morley package his picks and players for something better.

15. dje243

dje243 Member

Lowry but not D-mo. There's more chance morris gets shipped out than D-Mo.

16. conquistador#11

we have young players? the way some post around here, I thought assets #1-12 were all 37 years old and more.