1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Dirty Sports) LeBron would dominate the 80's and 90's

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JMAD21, May 11, 2018.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You’re delusional

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw dances with wolves so I know how life was for the native Americans And Kevin cosner

Jontro and Caesar like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

I heard the Kardashians appreciate nba players

plutoblue11 and Caesar like this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Nope I saw basketball for three decades
    And I can make better assessments on nba talent because I saw them

But you saw YouTube and think that human beings were different in those eras like those midget Aztec mummies they dug up in Peru

Plowman likes this.
  5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

No! I watch film and I see that human beings were different. Also I’m coming from a coaching/scouting point of view. Not a fanboys.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

You saw Black Panther?
    You think you know about Wakanda now ??

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I was watching nba basketball before your parents thought about your existence
    Be grateful these inferior human beings from another decade decided to meet

You can pretend you know more about the 80s then them too

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We have already established that these analogies don’t work.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don’t have to pretend anything. I clearly know more than you and everyone else denying facts. Again, the fact that you saw them before me doesn’t mean anything other than that you can’t be objective!

Btw, My dad agrees with me and every other competent basketball fan.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

You know something because someone posted a YouTube video

I saw a YouTube video on brain surgery
    I’m a surgeon now

11. tinman

Supporting Member

This site was started because we didn’t want to listen to ESPN and the media and get true info from the pure fans like Clutch

Now the new members are posting Max Kellerman videos and YouTube videos of what we already saw and they think they know everything

It’s to be pure again

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kareem has 8 rings total, 2 where he won as an assistant coach which Jordan never did. He also is the pts leader and has more rebs and blocks than Jordan. Kareem is the goat by your definition. Kareem has as many MVPs and FMVPs as Jordan and again that doesn't count his work as an assistant coach, he contributed to winning even after he retired whereas Jordan sucked as a GM making hilarious picks like Kwame Brown as 1st pick or Adam Morrison as 3rd pick. Jordan also quit on bball 2 times which Kareem never did. He played until he couldnt play anymore and then became an assistant coach, thats love for the game.

GOAT should encompass all aspects of basketball thats why Kareem is GOAT and Jordan isn't.

#112 roslolian, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    tinman likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kark Malone? Payton? Kemp????!!!! That's your elite competition? Compare that to GSW lmao.

Btw Dream and Clyde don't count cuz they didn't even meet MJ. MJ was too busy quitting bball and then getting owned in baseball. Then he came crying back and got his ass handed to him in the first round.

Facts. :rolleyes:

Name me one field where the experts are better 20 yrs ago than today. How come there is progress in 20 years in nearly everything known to man but somehow bball players 20 freaking years ago are better than today? I guess we better stop all these training and analytics everyone is doing now and have everyone wear short shorts again wtf

#113 roslolian, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

In this thread:

A lot of people who never watched basketball before the mid 2000’s.

Comparing eras is just a dumb thing to do in general. It’s a useless and meaningless discussion.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I've been watching NBA since the JailBlazer era, I've seen old man Jordan huff and puff on the Wizards so I barf when other posters talk about how invincible he was when he retired.

Watching Jordan without the Nike koolaid makes me more objective then all these geezers who probably watched Space Jam 10 times in a row.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not meaningless but I sort of agree, you'd better name a GOAT for every era. Makes it lot easier.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

dude we're talking about the greatest player of all time.

what about phil jackson then? he's got 13 rings as a player and coach. russell was a player and coach at the same time! pat riley won rings as a player and coach and GM/pres of bball ops and part owner! what about jerry west?! he is a HOF player and as a GM he build the shaq/kobe dynasty and the warriors dynasty. now he's making $5M per year to consult part time with the clippers while in his 90s. he's the greatest front office exec of all time.

maybe we should add their business ventures. magic made hundreds of millions after basketball with his investments. the jordan brand is the most successful player brand of all time. maybe making basketball sneakers and apparel is a part of being a basketball goat too?

we gotta draw the line somewhere. best player of all time is about accomplishments on the court.

but as i've said before, kareem, jordan, russell... by any metric are in the discussion for goat. you can make a strong case for any of them. lebron... not yet. he's up there with magic, bird, kobe, duncan... absolute legends! by skill level alone, sure, he's the most talented ever, but he doesn't have the accomplishments of kareem, jordan, or russell yet.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jordan doesn't have any metric that qualifies him as the Goat all of his accomplishments are eclipsed by Kareem and the fact that he quit on his team 2 times.

It's all these hemming and hawing Jordan lovers do to make him the GOAT. Name me another sport where the GOAT quits 2 times just because of burnout, mental fatigue or w/e? It it wasn't Jordan, people would already disqualify him because he wasn't mentally strong enough to stay in the sport.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hemming and hawing means someone is indecisive. i'm not sure that's what you meant about these jordan lovers.

this sounds like an emotional argument against him. its ok if you don't like him. i rooted against him for most of his career since i wanted hakeem to prove himself the better player. but i still can see the numbers. jordan and kareem both had 6 rings. but rings alone don't tell the story. jordan had 1 more finals mvp than kareem meaning he was the main guy for all 6 rings. kareem was the main guy for 5/6 rings. however, kareem has one more regular season mvp. seems pretty even. but jordan has the DPOY which sets him apart. he dominated both ends. no other player in the conversation for goat won a DPOY.

like i said you can make a good case for kareem, russell or jordan to be the goat. you chose your favorite (kareem) and least favorite (jordan). but mostly your arguments are based on your opinion and emotion rather than the numbers which takes away from your case. I've heard everything from jordan went to play baseball, to kareem was an assistant coach on a championship team... but none of that takes away the 6 fmvps, 6 rings, 5 mvps, 1 dpoy that jordan amassed which makes him the most successful basketball player of all time.

Caesar likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kareem only has 2 FMVP