1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirty Play From Game 3 by Mavs Assistant Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Apr 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Look at Chandlers Parson in the suit with his hands crossed, no reaction at all when the bucket drops. :grin:

Do you think he was secretly rootin for his old team? Think he wants to come back??

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He was not only on the court but he was in a passing lane at the start of the video. The league needs to address that.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Barkley loves to talk about how Dwight "still don't know how to post up" but I'll bet we will never here him say that Dirk, at 37 years old "still don't know how to play defense".

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Understand one thing, Dirk was never a good defender.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Hehe. Now that you mention it, Dirk does move like Vincent D'Onofrio's Roach Man character in "Men in Black".

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We're gonna need a thread to tally all the bullets we dodged matrix-style. Dirk, Lowry, CP, Melo, Dragic, etc. A gif with Morey's face on Neo's body, with these guys' face on the bullets would be nice too :)

7. Audioout

Audioout Member

He stepped on the court for less than a second. I'm sure it wasn't to block the pass but I suppose it could have happened.

What I find interesting watching the video is how utterly lost Dirk looks out there on defense.

8. Audioout

Audioout Member

Also noticed the glaring and throwing the arm at the ref like it was his fault Harden hit the shot.

9. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

if it was me i would of bumped in to the coach, doesn't matter if its 1 second, coaches shouldn't be on the court regardless

10. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Ariza should have run him over to get the Technical.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

But... but... according to the NBA's official rules :

Section IV—The Coach and Others

a. The coach’s position may be on or off the bench from the 28' hash mark to the baseline. They are permitted between the 28' hash mark and the midcourt line to relay information to players but must return to the bench side of the 28' hash mark immediately or be called for a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. A coach is not permitted to cross the mid-court line and violators will be assessed an unsportsmanlike technical foul immediately. All assistants and trainers must remain on the bench. Coaches and trainers are not permitted to go to the scorer’s table, for any reason, except during a dead ball.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Look, referees miss calls, but there's just a lot of stuff going on out there that just doesn't look kosher to me. This series has got to be played within the rules. That stuff's got to stop. The officials got to get that stuff under control, because there's too much stuff going on. The coach is on the court trying to teach Dirk defense, and that can't happen in Game 4."

:grin:

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Is the head coach allowed to actually stand ON the court while the game is being played? Because Carlisle has spent an awful lot of time with both feet on the court in this series and the refs have completely ignored it.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Who said that?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, no one. Took part of Carlisle's rant and put the bit about the coach trying to teach Dirk defense in there.

16. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Generally, I think they let it slide and I'm ok with that, but this instance, happening at that point, seemed a bit worse. Who cares now... we won.

Section V—Conduct

d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
    (1) Disrespectfully addressing an official
    (2) Physically contacting an official
    (3) Overt actions indicating resentment to a call
    (4) Use of profanity
    (5) A coach entering onto the court without permission of an official
    (6) A deliberately-thrown elbow or any attempted physical act with no contact
    involved
    (7) Taunting

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

That would have been so awesome if Harden saw him on the court and sent him a pass so hard he wouldn't have had time to think of doing anything else but catch it. Game stops and everyone turns and stares at him standing on the court with an Oh $HIT look on his face. That would have been priceless!

20. cmellon

cmellon Member

Seems to me he is just trying to remind Dallas players to be aware that Harden is gonna make that hesitation move