1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk says "obviously" ever 3 seconds

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Storm Surge, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

same reason people say: "It goes with out saying that....the roxs have great defense, but you have to score against the good teams" (as an example)

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

ROFL.. Dirk just said Obviously again after the Cleveland game

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I knew this was coming. He answered the first question without saying it once. Cheryl Miller was actually the first to say "obviously". Then Dirk said it twice trying to answer the "obvious" second question.

4. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I thought the two bull**** calls that sent the mavericks to the line were not obvious.

5. redefined

They made up for it by not calling a foul when Terry was hammered in the paint

6. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

How does one call make up for two?

7. redefined

because that was at the end of the game that would've ended it right there

8. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Also, one of the calls against the Cavs was on a put back rebound that went in. That was a three point swing.

9. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

No it wouldnt. Because you would take the points the Mavs got from those calls away.

10. redefined

But they would have more time recover from those 4 points...

By calling the foul at the end voids any chance of a comeback regardless if James hit those FT's or not...heck even those 3 pointers.

11. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Who would have time to recover the points? The Mavericks? It's five points, actually. Because you take the Marshall basket away and then you add the three Mavericks' free throws. Then you add the two "potential" Terry free throws at the end, and the game is tied.

You can just as easily say the Cavs would have continued their run (cutting it to five), if you are saying the Mavericks would have recovered the four points. If they don't call the foul on Terry going to the basket, the Cavs are on a fastbreak the other way.

12. redefined

Exactly. They got the fast break and Dirk fouled Lebron and he missed both FT's. Not my fault he's not a closer...

I don't know why your complaining. Those calls didn't decide the game. Lebron had more than 2 chances to win the game (or at least tie). Marshall and Wesley missing open layups was a sign that no matter what happened, Cavs were not going to win this game!

13. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

No... They called the foul. I'm not talking about at the 20 second mark. I'm talking about the bull**** call they made where Terry got free throws.

14. redefined

I missed that part...

But it doesnt matter because they were not going to find a way to come out with a victory.

15. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Well, we'll never know now, thanks to the refs. Having the ball with a tied game is a lot different than being down three points, obviously. The Cavs have won close games this season. I think they beat the Spurs twice, with the difference in single digits.

:)

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This thread will die during the offseason. But it will be back next year. Obviously...

17. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Obviously I would like to have Dirk on the Rockets roster :cool:

18. Bookit

Bookit Member

This cracks me up. Just because Steve Kerr said it was a charge then it was a charge huh? Terry ran into his arm and the guy just fell down. That is why it was a block and not a charge.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

20. htownballer91

htownballer91 Member

yea just found out he's gay too :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghgM5Ta-4lw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghgM5Ta-4lw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>