1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk Nowitzki is Awesome

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Apr 19, 2015.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Truth.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harden doesn't flop. He initiates contact and forces refs to call a foul. Dirk flops because he exaggerates contact. The foul on prigs when they were fighting over a rebound was a perfect example.

3. alethios

alethios Member

He also tried to flop horribly on the Harden contact. It was not rewarded thankfully.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I totally agree that Harden's flops was lightyears behind guys like Dirk and Chris Paul.

But the whole idea of "initiating contact" bothers me a lot. It bothered me before we had a guy like Harden and it still bothers me. If you think that hack-a-whoever is against the spirit of basketball, you should also believe that "initiating contact" by the offensive player is against the spirit of basketball too.

Intentionally jumping/running into defender, kicking out a leg when shooting, and ripping through, these are all ways to "initiate contact" with the sole purpose of getting foul calls. They supposedly have stopped calling the last two kinds, but still do the first kind regularly.

That said, Harden's extending his arms out when driving to entice defenders to slap down is a legit way to draw fouls. Moving the body toward the defender when you could just go straight to the basket is not.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Eric Dampier to Tyson Chandler: "He did the same thing to me.."

6. alethios

alethios Member

I lost any respect for Dirk I might have had after this 2009 incident with David West.
    [​IMG]

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I just received this anonymous rep.

[​IMG]

Not sure if Mavs or Rockets fan.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dirk is a true professional and hope he retires a MaveRocket.

[​IMG]

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Actually the one that I want to see retire more badly is Duncan

10. SeeingRocketRed

[​IMG]

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dirk will be inducted into the Hall of Floppers when it's all said and done.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Went back and watched the game tonight. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone complain so much in a single game. Just shut up and play.

13. tws011

tws011 Member

Watched Lebron play? :D

14. frontline94

frontline94 Member

lol whut was the point of this, fans talk trash about opposing players, thats how sports work

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

Looks like some dallas douche lurking and lurching, LOL!!

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ZBoy, why you no spell his name Nitwitz. It pisses off Mavs fans. Trust me.

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

The dude easily gets these whistles cuz it's easy to spot his long hair and long, pale noodle arms flailing around.

Dwight does not flop yet the refs blow, or not blow, the whistle on his plays. I guess he does need to flop like Dirk.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It's too late for Dwight. The Germans started teaching Dirk the art of flopping as a toddler.

19. alethios

alethios Member

Dwight is too stiff to flop. It's hard for him to go soft and flacid like Nowitzki.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

100% agree.

I'll say what Harden did to Dirk is not that common. He'll do that once a game at most on a fast break.

People confuse 'initiating' contact with driving into the lane and running into a defender that is rotating into the paint late though. Not saying you are saying this, but people will say he just recklessly crashes into the lane.

Westbrook does this too and of course Westbrook gets as many calls as Harden does because it's hard for the defense to rotate quick enough to get into position to block or draw a charge properly.

1 person likes this.