1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk Nowitzki ‘as Close as it Gets’ to Hating the Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I don't like Dallas. I despised Dirk for the dozens of daggers he put in our hearts.

But my level of hate for the Heat cannot be measured. On Dirks side for this one.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

pull up 3 is Dallas troll. GTFOH

Scoreboard, BRAH.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

says the heat bandwagon kid

just lol

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Really? That's what you got from my post? I don't really have any ill will or love for the Heat and Wade. I simply dislike dallas. I don't care who or how dallas is taken down.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree 100% with Wade's assessment of Dirk in 2006. He wasn't a strong enough leader. He let the game come to him, he didn't force his will, he didn't inspire his troops, he didn't transcend the moment the way true stars often do. Dirk Nowitzki was not an elite player in 2006. Not that series. This is the same man that let his team lose to an 8th seed.

Leaders dont let that happen.

He found his way eventually. Perhaps thanks in part to Wade's inspiring words.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

You also left out his missed free throw with three seconds left in game 3 that would have tied the game.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Absolutely true that he wasn't a strong enough leader. I believe that loss to the Heat in 2006, as painful as it was, was necessary and it helped shape that team positively going forward.

Re. him letting his team lose to an 8th seed-there was little Dirk could have done to help his team win that series ( Scoring 30 each game would've helped). He didn't play well in that series but the Mavs from Avery to Damp to Devin Harris, didn't deserve to win that series, played stupidly in the run up to the playoffs in 07 and were always going to lose to the Warriors in that series regardless of if Dirk put up 30 each game. It was the WORST possible matchup for that team in the first round and I'm surprised the Mavs even won 2 games in that.

Anyway, DWade is still a douche,
    Don't see why it'd be a big deal that Dirk hates the Heat. Pretty sure KG, PPierce, Joakim Noah and DRose are also "as close as it gets to hating the Heat".