1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Directv vs Dish

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nono, Jun 21, 2016.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I moved and even though I was off contract with DirectTV - it had been like 3 years or something, so I was paying full rates, but month to month - they wouldn't give me "new customer" pricing. They offered a deal, but nowhere near as good as new customer.

I threatened to leave, and left.

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I'm moving to DFW (yuck) in 2 weeks so I'm getting new providers.
    Currently: Dish, AT&T Internet
    Future: Directv and AT&T internet.

I already called him and they "locked" my price for 2 years. TV will be about the same and internet will be a bit faster but will be saving about $30 a month. Drawback is a 2 year contract.

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You get unlimited data (no caps) on your home internet by bundling the way you did.

Also, if you switch to AT&T wireless for cell phone, you get unlimited data there too. They even have a bogo iPhone deal right now if you switch from a different carrier

4. nono

nono Member

I have heard that Playstation Vue does not have the greatest picture quality. I have a large TV (70") and I'm afraid a poor quality video will be very noticeable on it. They do have good packages though.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Good to know! Will inquire about wireless, with T-mobile right now but nothing really binding me to them.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You're probably thinking of Sling TV's picture quality, not Vue.

7. nono

nono Member

I have read online at many places that Vue isn't that great for watching sports. Do you have Vue ?

Can anyone here who has Vue chime in on how it looks ?

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I had the one week trial about a month back. It was indistinguishable from my DirecTV service. I'm definitely going to drop DirecTV once Vue gains an Apple TV app.

9. nono

nono Member

How exactly were you running it ? Do you have a Playstation ?

10. nono

nono Member

I called Dish Tv to ask them about the Rockets and they told me they have Fox Sports Southwest which should carry Rockets games. This came as a surprise to me. Is this true ?

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Nope.

12. nono

nono Member

Thanks for this post. I've decided in the end to give Playstation Vue a try. Even on their most basic package of $29.99 they seem to have all the channels that I really need to watch soccer. Unfortunately they don't carry Root Sports Southwest but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. There will be plenty of opportunities to watch the Rockets embarrass themselves on national tv.

13. nono

nono Member

I've been watching tv on Vue for one day so far and it's absolutely fantastic. The picture is really good. It sucks there isn't a way to order Root Sports Southwest on Vue but oh well. It is what it is. I'm also only paying $34.99 and this gives me all the sports I need:

ESPN 1 and 2
    Fox Sports 1 and 2 (For Champions League)
    NBC Sports Network (For Premier League)
    BeIn Sports (La Liga and Serie A and some international soccer)