1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Direct TV or DishNetwork Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sjackson0, Jul 6, 2007.

1. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Cable has ruined my life, but I don't know any better. For years I've played with the idea of switching to satalite, but too afraid to do so because of fear....fear that I might miss a Rocket game because of Fox Sports wants to show regional Volleyball or swimming. I've had a in-law that had this happen to him.

So, have any of you had any problems getting Rockets games home/away off of satalite feed? Fox sports?

Thanks in advance

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I've never had a problem. If there is something else showing on FSSW then they have an alternate channel that shows the Rockets.

The only thing you have to be careful of is setting your DVR to check that alternate channel also if you record games.

3. oral b arthur

oral b arthur Member

i have dishnetwork and the doc is right. you just have to be careful about programming changes to an alternate channel.

also, dish has been known to go out during rough weather. that's my biggest complaint about satellite so far.

4. sjackson0

Thanks for the input guys!

Is one considered better than the other? Direct TV or DishNetwork

5. Fatty FatBastard

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

7. sjackson0

Are you serious? You feel bigger now? Thanks for providing the link to answers I didn't have questions for. It seems as if that guy had questions about some Dish Networks promotion. I asked if anyone have problems VIEWING ROCKET GAMES. (apple/orange) Now maybe further along in that thread the answers to MY questions are there, but who knows because I didn't get past the first page because he wasn't talking about VIEWING ROCKET GAMES.

So, what's your point again? Why not help someone out instead of going around Clutch City being Captain Check-a-Post?

and Master Baiter.....get your thumb out your mouth

#7 sjackson0, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  8. Master Baiter

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=122829&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=106525&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=105144&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=87305&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=86049&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=64412&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=60225&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=39663&highlight=dish

http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=16679&highlight=dish

I found all of those in like 20 seconds.

9. Master Baiter

Probably out, big arms means big thumbs.

10. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I'm thinking about switching over soon. Is there a workaround where I can get the houston FSN feed as well as houston local channels in lubbock? Can I just sign up with a houston phone #?

11. Fatty FatBastard

We have a new Tx Techie!

12. ballaboy

ballaboy Member

the new at&t is good

13. sjackson0

Thanks again for all those who tried to help....I appreciate it.

And for those who have nothing better to do than play middle school principles.........grow up seriously. It's not necessary to try to out someone for asking a simple question. Who cares if you've seen the same thread with the same questions every other month? Why does that bother you? Grown men ignore things or threads that don't concern them and move on to another threads or things that interest them. The two of you need to check your estrogen levels or something because it wasn't that serious to be caddy...that's what women do. A good cup of testosterone should do the trick.

#14 sjackson0, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

quick questions, does anybody have that HD package that was posted in the last thread?

The cheapest is the top 100 with the 27 HD channels, doesn't mention if its the 100 or 100 Plus. The 100 Plus has the FSN channels for Rockets games, so thats my only concern, any information would be appreciated :)

15. Fatty FatBastard

OK. Here's my take on banning sjackson0 from this board. I commented ONCE on this being a retread thread. He whined about it. I let it go. However, today I get THIS in my email from said dumbass: (expletives deleted, obviously)

It was no need for you to bring your hoe ass into that thread if you
    weren't trying to help. I didn't need that sh*t....the other guys already
    helped me and then you and your girlfriend come in there trying to
    police the f***ing thread. How does a thread bother you? It would seen if
    you saw the thread before, then you would ignore it all together...but
    NO, you have to give your two cents....grow up man. You spend entirely
    too much time on this website. You can see that I'm no newbie, but you
    can also see by my post count, I'm not here that often. Mind your got
    damn business.

Dude, WHO needs to grow up?

16. sjackson0

Wow, I send you an email....you then go and post it for all to see.*shaking* Your Estrogen levels are really high right now. This is REALLY something that my daughter would do….seriously. I decide to finish my beef with you in a private email and NOT continue to bring the board into our beef and you go and post it….OMG are you being a tattle tale? lol If this isn’t the most pathetic display of hormone deficiencies I've ever seen......*speechless*. Dude....you're tattling? You were man enough to start mess and butt in, but not man enough to finish it.....you're telling on me? How old are you? Get your thumb out your mouth.....again lol

#17 sjackson0, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  17. Fatty FatBastard

Sigh. Can someone get rid of this dude?

18. Master Baiter

I got the same email verbatim. I deleted it and chalked it up to him being a douche bag.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Looks like I ventured into the wrong thread here. Umm...I meant to be "over there". It's a little bit awkward. Just a little. Little bit. Lil'l. ;)

On a serious note, if you are trying to find the right sat provider and you care about hi-def channels now or in the future, then DirecTV is launching a new satellite which will provide 100 national HD channels by year's end. Of course, the only real hi-def (excluding local HD antenna channels) they have had forever is channels 70-79. The last channel they added was TNT-HD on channel 75. So, all I have to say to DirecTV about adding more channels "IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!". Excuse me.

Dish may have more hi-def than DirecTV as of right now. At least, I thought they did.