1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I, like many others, did not have Comcast available to switch to. That was part of the problem. The customers had zero leverage, and Dish and Direct knew it.

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

See your logic is backwards. When everybody says your crazy and your alone in thinking your not, your crazy. Nobody wanted to take Comcast's deal and you think Comcast wasn't being unreasonable? :rolleyes:

3. SuraGotMadHops

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I had comcast last year for the Rox games but dropped at the end of the season (hated comcast).

I was banking on the fact the Rockets/Astros wouldn't go another season without making a deal with someone.

Lucky for me I signed up with AT&T U verse :cool:

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Will The rockets games still be on comcast?

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Prepare for slow internet.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I've never had a problem with it.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

repost

Plan to rescue sports network will keep games on Comcast

CSN Houston deal would grow network with new partnership

9. cml750

cml750 Member

I have Direct TV. This REALLY excites me!!!! I hope this goes through if not by preseason at least before the start of the regular season. To all the Dish Network subscribers, I have dealt with both and think Direct is much better than Dish. If you aren't locked into a contract and this goes through and Dish doesn't arrange a carriage deal, I say you should bite the bullet and switch!!!:)

10. chandlerbang21

Read the post above yours, its far from over

11. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Wouldn't say far from over. From what I can tell, Comcast would have to submit it's own plan, but they've been on record saying they won't buy the network. They'll haggle over the money owed to the teams and the loan Comcast gave. For the Rockets to say they plan to have the deal approved by the preseason opener, that's a good sign. There's a little cushion between that date and the start of the season, if it goes on longer.

12. The Law

The Law Member

I have never had Comcast to compare but I have been more than pleased with UVERSE internet.

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Supposedly ATT in my area has fiber. At least that's what they keep selling. This is great news for me As soon as comcast starts spiking, bam I'll move over to verse and my rockets will be there!

14. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I had Time Warner. when Comcrap took over this area. The service now is the worst I have had since the early 90's .

I kept the Internet for comcrap but switch over to direct TV, I am much happier with Direct TV.

Ball streams was adequate. But not great. Caint hardly wait till. Direct starts showing the Rockets ��.

#114 No Chance, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  15. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Wreck? What do you mean by Conceal spiking?

When you get the Uverse fiber cable bed sure to tell about good or bad it is.

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

Same here.. I really haven't noticed a dramatic difference in speeds from when I had Comcast to now with U-verse... but, I have noticed the fewer calls I've had to make to customer service due to losing connection for no discernable reason... An unpleasant routine that always involved the usual steps (over the phone or otherwise) to no avail, only to inevitably have to simply wait and let the matter resolve itself which could take between 10mins to an hour...

I actually haven't had to contact AT&T about a dropped connection but once since I've had it (a superior experience to Comcast's abysmally poor customer service) and I've had it for many months now...

17. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

is time warner gonna be able to get comcast, so i can finally watch my rockets?!

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Comcast better get the damn channel or... or... I'll do nothing. :(

Won't even matter because when I move back to Austin crappy Time Warner doesn't even cover the Rockets. :(

#118 RedRedemption, Aug 8, 2014
  19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who gives a ****. Stop ****ting on people here for going with Comcast for the faster internet. Yes Comcast sucks, but when the alternative is crappy AT&T slow ass internet and DirecTV what choice is there?

Its ridiculous to label everyone that subscribed to Comcast as promoting them being shady negotiators.

#119 RedRedemption, Aug 8, 2014
  20. cebu

cebu Member

God is good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.