1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I'll be going to the status conference today. Should be interesting. As a comcast customer, as long as the end result allows me to still watch my teams I'll be happy.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

So glad I have Uverse!!!! Finally great news.

3. MONON

MONON Member

This is indeed great news! However I'm not popping the champagne bottle yet. I have DirecTV & Root Sports Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain & Northwest on my guide. I don't have the package that includes the 3 Root Sports networks though. So I'll have to see which is cheaper, the RT networks or League Pass. Also, I hate to do this, I assume that Worrell, Bull & Clyde will be on the RT broadcast. There's still a lot to be decided.

This is the 1st sign of movement on the issue, so this is still good news.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So if U-verse gets the channel does that mean we still have to pay an extra fee for it? Assuming so.

5. Jumpman713

Jumpman713 Member

AWESOME!!!!

THIS VIDEO IS AWESOME!!!!

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man. I hope they don't change too much from what csn has going. Trust me, when I say it has great content. I hope root doesn't change **** up and not keep it's employees and format.

What I would feel bad is if the Julia morales and Howard Chen and all those other guys lose out on a job because of this. All of them are solid reporters and anchors and do a great job.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

And no matter what channel the rockets are on, bill and Clyde will be calling it. They're paid by the rockets not the channel.

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

If you live in Houston then i'm sure the Root Spors Houston (or whatever it will be called) will be available with the basic package.

Those other regional sports channels are available in a level up tier that you would have to pay for. Doesn't include your local sports network though that one is always available with the basic package (long time directv customer).

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Since I have DISH, I'm pretty much in the same boat as I was before. Until they announce that DISH has purchased rights to the network, I'm not celebrating.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Teams say the new plan will triple household coverage of Houston Regional Sports Network in Houston. DirecTV has 21% of DMA, U-verse 22.7%.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/statuses/497352516003438593">August 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Comcast affiliation agreement will be assumed, so the new network, Root Sports Houston or whatever, will be seen on Comcast Houston.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/statuses/497354604594884608">August 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

In other words, Comcast will continue to carry the network. It would be pointless otherwise -- AT&T and DTV combined have about the same amount of subscribers in Houston as Comcast (maybe a hair more), so the teams would accomplish very little without the status quo also being held.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hopefully this means the Rockets will be coming to Uverse next season....even if my wife says watching the games adversely affects my health ("come on Harden, could you TRY to play some D!??" "oh, what the eff was that, Dwight? could you fall for every pump fake?!?!" "Jeezus H. Christopher, why do we have three matadors out there defending the three point line? GAWD!")

I'm serious. I'm surprised during the ESPN / TNT / ABC broadcasts that my neighbors haven't called in a domestic abuse complaint on me:

"Yes, sir, we had reports of a domestic disturbance."

"WHAT? No, no, I'm just watching...."

"Honey. Honey, calm down. No, officer, it's okay, I'm fine. He isn't beating me up, he's beating himself up for being a Rockets fan all these years."

"Ah, yes....well. THAT I understand. Try to keep it down. Good night, then."

12. Frankozb

Frankozb New Member

I really hope this is the truth!!! I cant wait to cancel Comcast!!

13. torocan

torocan Member

Good to see potential movement on this situation. Still stuff to wrangle out, but just the fact that there is a potential end game can only be good for the Rockets fans in the Houston area.

Good for the Rockets, and even better for the Fans.

I guess it's now just wait and see in terms of how this plays out.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Best news of the summer.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Network attorney Henry Beckham says the Rockets want the network changeover accomplished by Oct. 5, the date of their first preseason game.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/statuses/497399354689617920">August 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Man, I hope this works out

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

will they still do the local shows? like that sports talk live and sports net central? or will it just be pre game, post game and a bunch of filler shows they buy for the channel?

18. ItWasAllADream

ItWasAllADream New Member

1st post

this is incredible news

19. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

The Judge wants to get this done with sooner rather than later. Willing to begin discovery ASAP. The valuation of csn seems like the thing that'll take the longest amount of time and possibly slow this process down. Both sides seem to understand the timing issues with the beginning of the season.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This better happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.