1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MONON

MONON Member

2. bmd

bmd Member

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't think this is necessarily true. Many rental companies have contracts with certain cable companies and residents are restricted to those. I've had this issue while living in Houston, Oakland & DC, so I know it isn't uncommon. My only options at my current residence are Uverse and DirectTV, which left me to rely on my season tix + Ballstreams.

I was unknowingly spoiled at the place I moved from -- I had Comcast and so didn't even realize that all of this was an issue.

4. houactuar

houactuar Member

"Market share" does not equal "available to". Just because I'm not going to coney island for lunch doesn't mean I couldn't choose to go there if I wanted to.

5. houactuar

houactuar Member

So was your ignorance the fault of the landlord? Who should we blame? Clearly we should not blame the consumer for not being informed or proactive. Was the complex owned by Mark Cuban or a Mavs fan?

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I understand the troll is strong in you, but try reading more closely before attempting to craft a non-funny response. Pretty sure I never said I wasn't aware Comcast was not an option at the new place before I moved.

Bonus -- welcome to my ignore list. ;)

7. houactuar

houactuar Member

Sweet. I love being ignored by people with no sense of humor. So, not that I expect you to answer, but, you were aware that the apartment had no comcast, but you were not aware that you would not get rockets games on who they did offer? I think my post was fine, I don't think I implied what you claim I implied, simply that you were ignorant when you moved about no longer getting rockets games. My guess is, you could have found apartments that offered comcast if you were not ignorant and the issue mattered to you as a consumer.

As for you putting people on ignore, that simply leads to more ignorance on your part. First five letters of ignorance = ignor. Guess you were ignoring the world and had your head buried in the sand when you moved to not know the firestorm about regional sports networks. Why change now?

Good luck.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You've lost me here. How is it my responsibility to make sure the Rockets/Astros/Comcast enter into a partnership that works? Those are matters over which I had no control at all.

Those groups are losing money (Comcast the $100 million loan; Astros and Rockets not being paid media rights fees) because of their own decisions. It's not my responsibility to keep their business afloat or to make sure they get a return on their investment...it's their responsibility to bring a product to the market that's worth me paying for at a price I deem worthy. It's their responsibility to account to their shareholders.

They are among a lot of choices competing for our entertainment dollar. It's not our fault that they did it poorly.

We have responsibility with respect to government because we are the government...we get a vote, and I agree we largely get what we deserve with that. We have a stake in government. I have zero stake in the partnership between Comcast/Rockets/Astros. None at all. Aside from ticket and merchandise transactions with the Rockets and Astros, I owe them nothing and they owe me nothing.

#228 MadMax, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. houactuar

houactuar Member

How is it my responsibility to educate you when you continue to be misguided in your beliefs and wrong?

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You're incapable of responding so you attack me. Typical.

Troll exposed.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Let me get this for him.

"You are wrong again, he isn't a troll. I don't really have a valid reason other than to say you are wrong and I am right.";)

So, what about me, I live in the Astros and Rockets viewing area but Comcast is not offered to anyone in my area, meaning I can't switch to them even if I wanted to (I don't). Is it my fault? Should I quit my good job and move to Houston so I can see the Rockets and Astros? Do I need to send a letter of apology to Comcast and back payment to cover the time I have not been a subscriber? Please advise so I will know how to proceed.

1 person likes this.
  12. Classic

Classic Member

See post 212.

13. MONON

MONON Member

You were right houactuar, I was getting hungry also. Back now.

I guess we'll just have to continue to agree to disagree.

14. Nero

Nero Member

How is this guy not banned yet? Seriously.

He's TRYING to get his butt banned, he's on a super-trolling spree, and yet he is still infecting the GARM.

Sigh.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Yea but Comcast is still available in your area even though your complex limits you if you decide to live there.

16. LG1200

LG1200 Member

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

18. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Looks like her services wont be needed anymore. Thats sad, I liked her.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/leilarahimiCSN">@leilarahimiCSN</a> AT&amp;T/ direct tv would be crazy not to keep you, <a href="https://twitter.com/JuliaMoralesCSN">@JuliaMoralesCSN</a> and several others that made CSN a great product</p>&mdash; Brian Parks (@baparks78) <a href="https://twitter.com/baparks78/status/512261960566452224">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/baparks78">@baparks78</a> thank you. The decisions have been made. It's been fun!</p>&mdash; Leila Rahimi (@leilarahimiCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/leilarahimiCSN/status/512262886740070401">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

#240 HeWhoIsLunchbox, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.