1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Digital Voice Recording

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CBrownFanClub, Nov 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

I know squat about this, I was hoping someone could help.

I need to record hour-long voice files on a portable recorder and store them digitally. I am looking for something that can do this in MP3 format, without a complicated conversion process from proprietary software, etc. Anyone have any experience with digital voice recorders? I guess I could handle Windows Media files, but if I could avoid it, that would be nicer. Thoughts? THANKS.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if you want to spend some money, get a minidisk recorder or some other kind of digital audio recording device. but if you already have a small casstte recorder here is a cheap way...

get a cable (1/8 in.) to plug cassette recorder into your computer's soundcard input.

you can probably find a free version of some kind of program that you can record them onto. cool edit pro or sound forge are good. check www.download.com. also, there's a ton of programs that say "convert you records or cassttes to cd/digital". that is what you need. if you cant find it for free, it shouldnt be more than $20.

i use cool edit pro for similar stuff. just press record in the program and let the cassette play. it will record as a wave file and you can save anywhere you want in your computer.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

b****in!

i just got an ipod a couple weeks ago. definately going to pick up a mic for it.