1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Different angle on bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktvoss, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

I have been thinking about the possibility of Bosh coming to the Rockets and I have a hard time believing that it will happen. If I was Bosh and cared about winning, I would definitly be concerned about joining the Rockets as long as Yao is the centerpiece. All hopes are on Yao's health and thats not a very safe bet. I hate to think about the possibility of him never being fully healthy just as much as other fellow Rockets fans, but its reality. If I was Bosh, I would certainly not want to put my legacy on Yao's brittle shoulders.

I believe Bosh knows he isnt a good enough player to be the #1 fiddle on a championship squad, which is why he wants to play with james or wade. His legacy is obviously important to him. I dont think anyone believes (including bosh) that Yao can stay healthy for six years in a row. Its easy to hope he will but much harder to actually believe it. I think the only way we get bosh is if he cant join wade or lebron which is almost a zero chance. Ill probably get bashed for using logic but what the hell. ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This "angle" has probably been mentioned in every thread about Bosh.

3. Htownplaya94

Htownplaya94 Member

His shoulders aren't brittle, its his foot. :p

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

5. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Great Angle!
    IBTL.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

7. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

People forget that Yao played in the Olympics(plus training), then a full NBA season, then 9 games in the playoffs before he was injured. The normal human body can't take that kind of stress let alone a 7'6 body. Now he has had a full season of rest, lets see what happens instead of making stupid speculation threads about an injury that has yet to happen.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

sadly, not a different angle ...

regards for the attempt.

10. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Good thought but I think clutchfans has covered every single angle there is regarding Bosh to Houston already ;)

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

his legacy eh?

Noone really remembers the #2, Pippen finished 3rd in mvp voting the year jordan was out and you know what he was? a great perimeter defender who played with Jordan. Gasol will be the guy who helped Kobe.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KT,

While it has been discussed before, I think your post was well thought out and well written.

DD

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Yao's biggest problem is the amount of offseason work he got slapped with by China, if I was Bosh I'd make Yao agree to "nothing but the olympics" before i even considered it :p

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he puts a lot more work into the NBA than a few months with the CNT.

To me, Yao's biggest problem is that he is just ginormous !

DD

15. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I had read an article about Houston's current position which had a lot of sentiments I could agree with. In summation, this next year is an important one in terms of accessing Yao's ability to stay on the court. The thing is, at this point in time, we have no idea whether or not Yao will be able to be our All-Star moving forward. Daryl Morey isn't a moron. He has definitely considered this, and, knowing that Morey most certainly has a grasp on this, one can make the assumption that any long-term deal involving Bosh playing in Houston will address this. If he is set on Bosh, he will make moves to improve upon the weaknesses that Yao's foot bring to the table. If Bosh decides that Morey is credible in this regard then we can expect him to accept our deal. If not, I'd suggest that Morey is more than capable of developing and using our current players in a manner that will improve our roster and get us closer to another championship.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The one glarin thing that totally destroys your argument? Yao has one year left on his contract. Could be as valuable a guy as their is to a team who needs a cash cow like Yao to their city for their prime star who wants out in a trade like Anthony or Chris Paul. He could also make it through this whole year healthy making those worries go away before you resign him. So that logic is absolutely flawed since your risk is absolute zero if the Rockets feel the need to not reup him and go after one of Bosh's other friends in a sign and trade next year or straight up signing.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If we acquire Bosh, we're a 50+ win team even without Yao. And we still have assets to acquire another star. And even if we don't acquire another star, Morey has proven to be adept at acquiring talent seemingly out of thin air. He drafts well. He acquires guys like Scola and Lowry for next to nothing in trades. He picks up contributers like Von Wafer for next to nothing then doesn't make the mistake of signing them to too much money after our system makes them a success. If Yao's career were to end tomorrow, it would be a huge blow to the franchise, but I don't feel it's anything that Morey couldn't overcome.

God. I am such an unapologetic Morey worshiper. It's ridiculous. Regardless, I have faith that Morey will find a way to make this team compete for a title with or without Yao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.