1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Differences we're likely to see out there in the post season vs. regular season..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gonna see more use of CP/Harden/Gordon 3 guard lineups for sure.

Will be watching the backup C position. Nene, Anderson and Tucker. Depending on the "matchup" will be who we will see. Against Adams/Gasol we'll see Nene. Against Towns or Gobert we will see Anderson to pull them out of the paint. Against GSW and Pelicans we'll see Tucker.

We obviously know that Harden and Paul have to play to their potential in the playoffs. But for this team to win the championship, Gordon and Capela will have to play at their "ceiling" which is near all-star level.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gordon's ceiling is near all-star level. Capela's isn't. Harden and CP3 make him look better than he is.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden and CP DO make Capela look better than he is. But that isn't the point. It is not a vacuum. As long as Capela (with the help of JH/CP) plays to near all star level, that is the bottom line. That game Capela had vs AD recently? That's the level.

ElDobleK likes this.
  4. saleem

Harden and Chris are under enormous pressure to win. They have to live up to Hakeem and Clyde.

I believe that Hakeem ( if he is in Houston right now) and Clyde should try to motivate them, by coming to the locker room/ and before practice. They have to learn from the legends. This is tricky, but it can be done without undermining MDA. Role players such as Horry, Cassell should talk to the role players
    as well. Regaining mental/ physical strength is the key to success.

#44 saleem, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  5. saleem

Yeah that's true, but I doubt if Clint can do that against guys who can get physical with him.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think we're gonna see more post ups.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have my doubts too, tbh. Guys like Steven Adams always are a handful for him. I think Capela is capable. But isn't consistent enough. If he was, he would be hitting his ceiling like we need. ;-)

saleem likes this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I assert theyve been saving Nene for the post season. We will get the physical treatment from other teams in the post season in attempt to slow us down. Hence we’ve slowed our pace dramatically I.e. dead last. We’re gonna need nene and tucker to beat up in opposing players... capela is not built for that. You can see him focus more on blocking and contesting more shots after the all star break.

Juggernaut lineup to keep early leads and wear people down.

Nene
    Tucker
    Mbaha mute/Ariza
    Joe Johnson
    Chris Paul

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Capela is more capable than people give him credit for. He brought it all year against these teams with big meaty centers, and we won most of those games.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

Not sure what if it’s been mentioned but I see a lot of full court press throwing us off. Harden likes to be casual and when you take that away from him he gets frustrated and sloppy

ElDobleK, deb4rockets and napalm06 like this.
  11. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

What do I want to see in the playoffs? Not loosing to the Spurs by 18...

napalm06 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Capela is a matchup nightmare because he's a quick and lanky twig. Nowadays, it's actually okay to get beat up in the post.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team gave him 20+million with a blueprint to run and gun.

They'll overpay him more if the Rockets win it all while hiding his weaknesses in a slowdown game.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Better hope we don't shoot 20% from 3, then.

One thing that always mystifies me about the Rockets is it seems everyone is hot or cold at the same time from the 3 ball. Since all-star break, Gordon has been really solid and Harden has fallen off of a cliff - but Anderson, Green, Tucker, Ariza, Moute have continued to be erratic.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oh, and the other change I would like to see is Clint never playing when Harden is resting. Rest him then. Nobody else has the chemistry with Clint that James has. The alley oops pretty much go away when Clint is in without James. Paul bounce passes to him, which doesn't get the same result.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I hope not. I hate the small lineups. We did great all year just having Gordon come in for James or CP3. I'd rather have our big guys in with 2 guards.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We may lose more than 1 game per calendar month.

17. basketballholic

Lots of Gordon on court with Paul and Harden. Less Capela. More PJ and Luc.

18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Less Capela until he develops into a stretch four with a face-up game, abandoning rolls to the rim for contested mid-range jumpers.

19. basketballholic

Mid range? Contested?

You must be stupid. Or Juwan Howard. Or both.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

When playoffs begin, I hope we start 16-0 winning streak.