1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you see Ariza on the last plays tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theprof, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It seemed that several players expressed their frustration with Harden's plays. I am getting really frustrated with him. He definitely looks like he only trusts his own shot. He REFUSES to throw anything to Howard. Howard is clearly frustrated that we aren't throwing the ball to him. And it's not post ups, he has his man pinned or has inside position and we just ignore him.

1 person likes this.
  2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I don't blame Harden..Ariza was missing layups, turning the ball over making stupid passes...Hopefully we see more Capela/Howard in tandem. Why JB went away from that lineup when Philly made their run is beyond me

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden clearly most concerned with getting 50, it's why he missed the free throws, if he had like 25 and was just trying to win the game he would have made them.

4. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I did see where ariza shrugged after talking to harden

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This makes zero sense because if he makes his FTs he gets 50

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah. I saw him look at Harden at one point and flail his arms in a "what the **** man?" motion.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Utter nonsense. He assisted Dwight 3-5 times tonight. And he turned the ball over another two or three times trying to get it to him in the post.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Harden made the right call. His perimeter teammates sucked

9. ibm

ibm Member

really? and you got this how?

ariza's stat line tonight:
    shooting 4-7 (2-3 on 3's)
    2-2 on ft's
    assist = 1
    turnover = 2

far from what you're trying to depict. certainly far from "untrustworthy".

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Between Ariza and Harden tonight, one of them wants Simmons as a teammate next year while the other doesn't.

11. Mr Chuck Norris

After the dude gets 50 on 50% shooting 9 rebounds and 7 assists.....unbelievable. This board has gone to ****

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about, he missed because he was putting extra pressure on himself to get 50.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

oh well I must've caught the plays where he looked clumsy and made mistakes. I'll try to get past how clumsy he looks out there

14. ibm

ibm Member

the entire team shot 52.1% overall, 55% on 3's.

harden was exactly 50% on both categories.

how do we go from above #'s to your conclusion that "his perimeter teammates sucked"?

15. ibm

ibm Member

idk about op. but i am not knocking harden here tonight.

he had a great scoring night, not a great all around game. but that's a big plus from his early slumps this season and i hope he keeps this up. this team needs scoring as badly as it needs better defense. as a rockets fan, i certainly appreciate harden had a good game tonight.

the point i was trying to make here,,, is that,,, well, look at my posts in this thread, and you should see...

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He appeared to make a concerted effort to look for Dwight early tonight.

17. ibm

ibm Member

yes, true. dwight passed the ball to harden from the high post or top of the key quite a few times, too. and that was one of the bright spots/changes i saw on offense tonight.

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

In the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted he also had 9 turnovers that led to 14 points for the Sixers, he missed 4 FT's in the final 1:15 of the game, and he seemed to alienate some teammates in the last 3 minutes of the 4th. This does not even address his defense, which is only half the game.

Just sayin'..... Stats can lie.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah, his team mates should totally be trusted at this point

The whole season proves that if his team mates took more shots we would've definitely won more games because they are just so damn good at putting the ball into the basket.

20. hoopball

hoopball Member

he kinda fumbled at the last minute, but you don't judge a player's overall performance based on few minutes of play. he had a good game. i would've called a great game if it weren't for what you just described, but yeah i don't mind him not trusting ariza, bev or brewer at this point because they did not earn his trust imo.