1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you guys ever have any paranormal/scary experiences?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCII, Jun 23, 2012.

1. body slam

body slam Member

My mom used to have a white poodle that during the middle of the night would come to my room and sleep next to me. The dog lived a good long life and died of old age. After that I swear there were times during the night I could feel something jump on the bed and lay beside me just as the dog would do. I just put it off as dreaming. A year or so later I was seeing a girl who was going to A&M who came down for a party. She ended up staying the night. My mother is super religious so I slept on the couch and the girl slept in my room. The next morning while taking her back to College Station she asked what was my dog's name? I said I don't have a dog. She was like what about the little white poodle that came and slept with her that night.

3 people like this.
  2. Apps

Apps Member

For those of you who have had your experiences in old houses, have you considered the possibility of infrasound influencing your senses/perception?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound

I strongly believe that there remain many things about the human brain that we ourselves have yet to discover. I think attributing the visual/audio inconsistencies of our worlds to the "supernatural" is a poor way to explain things.

3. Apps

Apps Member

Sorry for the double post, but I'm just throwing something at the wall here and hoping it sticks. I'm no neuroscientist, but I would hypothesize that the human brain is more likely to experience hallucination and delusion during duress, fear, and darkness. I don't think it has to be extreme duress or fear either. I think that when the brain goes on standby it is natural for it to wander towards the things that scare it. Sensory deprivation chambers also show that the senses are highly malleable and if there is no active stimulation then the brain will respond in a way that might make one think that it's gone haywire or is acting abnormally. I would be willing to bet that a lot of ghost sightings occur under very dark [i.e. literally no light] circumstances, as in the darkness it is more difficult to stimulate your brain, which would be more conducive to it inventing things to perceive. Fear will, ordinarily, either precede or succeed any false sensings.

4. JD88

JD88 Member

One night I was working at real late at a fitness center back home. I was looking into the mirror doing curls, when a lady walked past me behind me wearing a cocktail dress. I thought it was odd, but finished what I was doing. After I was finished, I walked over to my buddy who was running on a treadmill facing the entrance, and I asked him what the lady was doing on the mens side, in a dress no less.

He said nobody had come in or out the entire time he had been running.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, but I fear to talk about them.

6. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Part Duex:

((Excuse excessive grammar mistakes im trying to tear through this as quick as I can))

Where we are here is over two years after the start of it all. And around this time, encounters were happening more frequent and were building up in aggressiveness. And f-ck what you, me, we KNOW about ghosts or spirits. We have just as much knowledge of than we do on what happens after death. What happens next I can't explain, but I've circled every angle as to how this stuff could have happened otherwise and there's nothing.

Keep in mind I lived with my single Mom. We came from a rougher side before moving to cy-fair so the house we got she turned into a padlock. There's no way anyone could have came in without me unlocking the door for them. With that said…

+++++ It was a Saturday night back in 7th grade, my buddy Pat was staying over and my Mom was out for the night. We've been upstairs the entire night and around midnight we call for a pantry run. As soon as we flick on the lights we find my Mom's 14-knife block set scattered ALL about the kitchen. Counter tops, island, kitchen table, mail table.

The next incident was the first that I had physically saw with my eyes.

+++++ Friend of mine, Geoff, was spending the night another Saturday night not too long after the knife incident. Upstairs all night we finally decided to watch a movie downstairs on the big screen, The Blair Witch none the less. It was VHS so you had to do the whole, pop-it-in-and-wait-while-rewinding and did so sitting on the big couch facing away from the kitchen which was behind our left shoulder. I was nearest to the kitchen, Geoff was on my right.

Suddenly we hear a
    " Tstsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss "

And we look at each other confused.. Then it increases a little bit

Geoff guesses that it was my dog pissing in the house. I lean over and Max is sitting besides the left of the couch. Then it gets a bit louder

We both get up and make our way to the kitchen to see the kitchen faucet running slightly. And it was one of those sink handles where you had to tilt the knob upwards 90 degrees to turn on full blast. Geoff and I surrounded the sink starring at it in silence and lo and be-fugging-hold, the knob starts lifting right before our eyes. Slowly as the water pressure increases and does so until the knob was completely up. We both in sync yelled "**** THAT!" I slammed the handle down and we jetted upstairs scared ****less.

+++++ Fast forward a couple of months and it was Summer time. Mom head out on a Thursday night and the same guy, Geoff, was staying the night. This is in the AOL days when it was so easy to steal the internet a 7th grader could do it. So we did it. And we felt like we were doing something so co-op mission impossible illegal that the entire time hijacking our neighbors internet we'd sit sharing the same wooden chair in absolute silence like we were waiting for the feds to kick in the door.. But instead it was something else that did. My computer table was set up a good 10 feet directly in front of the door (door facing our side). One second we're hearing crickets outside the window, the next -BOOM- the door EXPLODES open as if a linebacker had rammed into it, knocking us and the chair over. I can't emphasize how powerful of force blew my bedroom door open. The door stopper sank into the wall and the knob was able to dig into the wall. How the **** does someone explain that??? I grabbed a bat, Geoff grabbed a skateboard and we went to my neighbors house until my Mom got home.

The next was a step down in the inching-closer-to-killing-me-department, but seemed to set up the final incident afterwards well

+++++ It was clockwork every night around 10 my mom would go to the foot of the stairs and grab my attention to get ready for bed. So one night, awaiting the inevitable, my mom screams for me only she sounds pissed off. She's all "Travis what the hell???" I pop my head out of my door and downstairs, and on every other step going downstairs was a fork with every alternate step having one of my Mom's bedroom pillows laid across the step. So it was pillow, fork, pillow, fork, pillow, etc. My Mom's yelling at me as to why I'd even waste time doing this and kept telling her it wasn't me. That was when I broke down the barrier and just told her that it was a ghost and of course she got angry at me for blaming a ghost lol.

Although this wasn't the last paranormal encounter, this was the biggest and it died down exponentially afterwards.
    Pre-cursor: My Mom was on vacation with some girlfriends and had my Aunt house/babysitting while she was gone.

+++++ So this is after 8th grade Bball practice on Thursday. Pat and I go eat dinner with his Mom and she was dropping us off at my place just in time to watch WWE Smackdown (we were obsessed at the time). So we get there right on the dot at 7, grab some snacks, and head upstairs where we were glued to the TV. My Aunt would get off work at 8, so around that time she gets home and starts SCREAMING for me all pissed. Pat and I go down stairs to find the kitchen ransacked. There was water literally EVERYWHERE. All over the counter tops, the island, kitchen table and every surface. Theres 4 empty water bottles spread about the floor. On the kitchen island there were a lot of ruined important papers and notes. My Mom was in between jobs and had her resume, etc along with other documents sop and wet and some were torn through. My Mom had left cash for Aunt Lori to use for food and that was wet and torn to pieces. I could just shrug and say it wasn't us. Of course I get an ear rape from my Mom when she gets back and begged me to tell her why I did it smh. I kept blaming the ghost and then she sat me down asking if I needed to talk to somebody lol DAMN I hated that. She thought I was doing it for attention and refused to believe otherwise.

So if for anyone who doesn't believe in ghosts??? That's fine and dandy. Do you. But anyone who tries to force a belief in telling me there's no such thing, **** that. I've spent years running every scenario in my head and its consistency and there's not way it was some - person. No joke, nobody.
    Those events are part of what made me as open minded as I am today. It's led me to dive nose first into literature and explanations on how or why these things happen. And it was a brand new house that we built, so the only possibilities I know of would be building on a burial ground or more conveniently…
    Right around the time everything started, a friend of my Mom's passed away. And his wife was looking for people to take on some of his items which Mom sure helped her with. I had of his a full size pool table, record player and mini fridge inside my room alone at one point. And I've read about spirits haunting certain items they either loved or embodied, but who knows really???

All I know is I've witnessed first hand some weird **** go down that I don't think could ever be explained.

ABRIDGED VERSION

- About 2 Years after part 1
    - ((All occurred either home alone or with a friend))
    - Walked downstairs at midnight to find 14 knives laid out and about throughout the kitchen
    - Witnessed a kitchen faucet handle lifting up, going full blast before my very eyes
    - Witnessed something RAM into my bedroom door with such force, we fell out of our seats and the door stopper was pressed into the wall with the knob leaving a dent
    - Mom scolded me late one night after finding every other step on my staircase with one of her bed pillows and every alternate step with a fork
    - In an hour time span since a friend and I got home, my Aunt walked in from work to find the entire kitchen destroyed by water. Water was on every surface with several empty water bottles strewn about the floor. Important documents like my Moms resume, work notes, amongst others were completely wet, torn and destroyed. There was over $100 in cash wet and torn. Of course, Aunt and Mother blamed me.
    - Mom thought I was crazy and presents that I go talk to someone
    - Incidents would continue after "Water-gate" but died down tremendously and occurred few and further in between
    - So…. Yeah, I definitely believe in ghosts

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

dude that's f**ked up.

rep for good stories.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

TDub, what the hell...
    Also body slam, creepy but somewhat beautiful story.

9. Burko

Burko Member

In summation, you had dodgy plumbing.

10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Damn TDub,

I would not be able to live in a paranormal environment like that. The "not knowing whats gonna happen next" would f-ing kill me.

Props to you sir for putting up with that. You handled it a lot better than I would have.

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I divorced mine....

4 people like this.
  12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I believe your stories Tdub. There are paranormal things that happen, but some people are just too ignorant to recognize it.

13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

that is pretty crazy!

14. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I have a cousin who lives in Chappell Hill. He swears that he saw a bright light out on the farm one night a few months ago, and then several minutes later there was an alien looking creature standing outside of his window. The next morning there were fingerprints on the windowsill that looked like they had a very boney structure. He says he is not joking, but I am a little skeptical.

15. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Do not believe ... any of this.

16. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

[​IMG]

A part of me was waiting on something to directly happen with my Mother so I could say "I TOLJA SO!", but even if the ghost of Zombieland Bill Murray appeared and pushed over her Skyy Blue Vodka bottle right in front of her, she would have yelled for me to kick my friend out and order Bill to fork over 20 bucks :(

I think it was me sorta being in this boat where I had nothing to paddle with. We were at the new house for about 5 years by this time and the only way we had it was because my Grandma won the lottery and moved us out de ghetto. So unless the ghost was leaving slaughtered goat in my Moms bed on a nightly basis, I was stuck there.

And I never really judge anyone elses ghost stories or call BS unless the person is just a terrible liar. My research has led me to believe anyone telling you that they saw, sat and conversed with a ghost/spirit is probably lying or mixing a dream with reality.
    Except a situation like homeboy earlier when he said he saw some woman in a dress walking past the door to his gym room or something. I forget the title, but there are believed to be several types of spirits and it's said the only one you see are the ones that don't realized they are a spirit in the first place. Like their spirit has been set on auto-pilot and walks the same corridor every day as if they were doing it for the first time when they were alive.
    But other than that, I try not to knock anyone's experiences because I know my stories are a bit hard to swallow and I imagine if I were told this without ever having experiencing them myself, I'd find it pretty hard to believe.

17. joesr

joesr Member

I once stayed home from school (maybe 2nd grade?) and hid behind the organ while waiting for my parents to leave. It was still still dark outside but a cat growled and hissed really really loud, maybe fighting with another cat which scared the beh-jesus outta me and I stayed behind that organ frozen for a really long time.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Bump.

Need more stories like this. I believe in the unseen, though had no first hand experience. My gf is very sensitive to these things. I do have a niece who would cry every time I take her to certain rooms or places in my house. She's not old enough to speak, but when I carry her to a room upstairs, for example, she'd have this fixed stare at a spot, look away and start crying while holding on to me tightly. The crying would stop as soon as I take her out.

19. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

The llorona is really big over in Mexico. I've heard tons of stories of sightings of witches/gnomes/shapeshifters. Kinda freaky staying up/walking out at night over where I go. Small mountain town with little to no electricity. People have gone crazy after their encounters over there. It's cool because everytime I go to that town, my relatives talk these type of stories at night right before we go to sleep; not to scare but just because its interesting/entertaining.