1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did we just dump the last guy we acquired this offseason.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This has been discussed on this board all summer long. Game 7 was a revelation for Morey.

Ariza was 0-12 with zero points, Luc's shoulder was done, Ryno was a $20 million money burning pit on the bench.

Morey knew right there and then these fools would not bring him a championship so he got rid of them all and is now trying to rebuild a quality bench without any assets. Hence all the risks with Melo, MCW Ennis, Rivers, etc.

topinjs, BigShasta and whiskeyred like this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ariza didn’t ask for 15M. He also thought Ennis could replace Ariza.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, maybe it’s CP’s declining. But give me last year’s team. Those two know their roles and do them pretty well.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

offseason was a disaster. thank goodness they corrected it and upgraded from the likes of chriss,knight,melo,ennis

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I don't understand what you mean here. After all, this sort of thing has been going on since Dawson was the GM so this should come as no surprise. All Morey has done is to increase the shuffling of players. I don't see how him spending more money will make that much of a difference without some sort of - oh, I don't know - plan? But that's just me I suppose.

cheke64 and whiskeyred like this.
  7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

it's good we dumped these guys, problems is we need some insurance backup as well, and why the hell are we sending picks out like they just grow on trees?

8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They knew their roles and did them well. Luc can't even play basketball anymore. When you know a piece is broken you fix it. Morey tried and the pieces he brought in were unfortunatelt broken too. So now he's fixing those pieces. Hopefully it all comes together this time but you can't fault him for lack of trying.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

"we won't even miss Ariza and Luc!"

The narrative of the Murray slurpers continues to change. Well, in this instance not really his fault but people need to at least admit that winning now is not a priority. We had a (by all intents and purposes since we threw some games) a 70 win squad last year

YallMean likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One of the best things about Morey is he cleans up his messes real fast.

DD

11. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I get the point, but the fact is that:
    Shumpert>Ennis
    Rivers>MCW
    House>Melo
    Faried>Chriss
    And we never expected anything out of Knight.

It would be far more worrisome if we just stood pat.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

you would think stuff like this would be obvious. but apparently hou isn't making it out of the 1st round because of this according to @LorneMalvo

13. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

That’s fine. Rivers, Shumpert & Faried + whoever they add once buyouts start are upgrades over Ennis, MCW, Knight, Chriss

SamFisher likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Matching Ariza's silly offer and re-siging Luc would have been much worse, and I'm not even approaching this from teh perspective of an impoverished billionaire restauranteur, speaking purely as a fan.

Luc is done with the NBA, basically. Ariza's 3 point shot is off at Sandals with Eric Gordon's.

I'll take the 2018-19 Couch Haul (as in, "signed off of"....Faried, Rivers and a few rooms of a House) and Shumpert over the present day version of those 2.

heypartner likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

We corrected offseason mistakes and finally moved on from Anderson’s contract.

I like Tobias Harris but Philly giving up that much for an expiring player who will want to get paid seems like a huge gamble.

This board will b**** either way.

16. dmoneybangbang

That’s what happens when you have Harden and CP3 on expensive deals and Clint Capela. If you think we won’t be having guys in out of the roster then you don’t grasp our situation.

Harden/CP3/Gordon/Tucker/Capela is a good core to build around. Even better if we are able to turn Tucker and Gordon into a better player(s)x

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Can we just stfu about Luc? The dude has played like 2 games this year.

You kind of need 2 full functioning arms to play basketball.

Mazulis and whiskeyred like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Was Morey trying to get off of Anderson's contract last season for two 1's?? So he broke his contract apart and ended up having to use just one 1st round pick right?

19. dmoneybangbang

Melton plus a late first rounder to get off Anderson.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i think you need 2 knees as well

Mazulis likes this.