1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the Texans not give tribute for Andre Johnson?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sjackson0, Oct 9, 2015.

1. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I didn't get to see the pre-game, but spoke with fans who were there. I can't believe they wouldn't show a class act some respect with a "Thanks Andre" picture on the big screen or video. Damn! If this is true. The Rockets had a tribute video for Chandler "metroplex" Parson for crying out loud lol. The Texans supposedly prides themselves on being a Team with high morals and would never take a player with questionable character, yet you treat the greatest texans ever like he's just another visiting joe. I hope this isn't true.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We're trying to instill a winning culture or something

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

dude if this is true, that blows my mind lol They act so uppity, like they pride themselves on character and morals yet you can't show some love to the greatest texan ever? Again, I hope this isn't true, but i spoke with 6 people now that said there was no tribute.

4. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Now that you mention it, there should have been an Andre Johnson tribute.

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There was no tribute

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

As much as I got annoyed with Andre and was okay with letting him go…I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they didn't do anything for him. Was listening to sports talk and they were saying that 100% someone within the organization had to have suggested a tribute video and then someone above that person said "No". They went on to say that Andre made his own tribute video that game.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Tribute....AFTER he retires. Not when his playing for a rival. You didnt see the Pack do a thank you when Farve comeback with the Vikings or Jets did you? Come on.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Texans paid tribute by finally allowing him TDs ;)

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I volunteer as tribute.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

**** BOB MCNAIR.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

We'll have a ring of honor with only his name so the letters will have to be spread out 100s of feet apart.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The rockets (an actual well run and successful franchise) do it with for active players when they return. They absolutely should have done it for Andre

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Different sport .. I don't think it's common in the nfl ... will probably bring him back and have an AJ day after he retires but I have no problem with them not having a tribute at this point .

14. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Ya'll care way too damn much for the feels of a freakin millionaire that doesn't give a damn about you. Smh.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't think most teams do. Did Bengals fans do that when we beat them twice in JJo's first year? Or how about Ahman Green in GB back in 2008 just kidding did he even suit up?

16. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Exactly. Who gives a ****.

17. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Doesn't make sense to cheer for the opposing player.

Makes sense in basketball because there isn't as much on line in any given regular season game. Plus with 42 of them, you'll make a tribute just to kill time. In a football game, seems odd to want to motivate the opposing player, when you're fighting for the division title.

Imagine tributing to Chandler Parsons in a Game 7. It wouldn't happen, but goes to say it's circumstantial.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

CLASSLESS move.

Imagine if Watt came back after 12 years and we pulled this crap.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would they? He was a locker room problem last year and he demanded a trade and forced the team to cut him....once cut he bad mouthed the franchise at every turn. Why would they give that kind of player a tribute while he's still playing? Maybe in a few years or something, but the guy was a problem JUST LAST YEAR.....they aren't going to say "Welcome back" to someone like that. If he handled himself better then things would be different, but he didn't.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gee, I don't know why they would give one of their best player ever a tribute.

Andre was just ahead of the curve. He realized BOB sucked from day 1.