1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the team set their goals too low????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, May 11, 2015.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

Did they set their goal to make it out of the first round and not winning a championship? Were they just so happy to advance that they have lost focus??? The team was focused and determined in the Dallas series and now they look like complete garbage (no offense to garbage)!!!! The Clippers may be a better team but they are not this much better. I think we achieved our top priority when we beat the Mavericks and now they are not mentally on top of their game. If this is the case, and I believe it is, then it is on the coach.

2. adobo

adobo Member

I think you are spot on

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well when your owner is happy for you to not even make it out of the first round... I think that tells you everything you need to know.

He got the superstar names. He's getting the ticket sales. He's happy.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

our defense was non existent from the 2nd game on, it still hasn't returned, we ended up winning that dallas series because they couldn't defend either

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clap clap - Beating the Mavs 2011 Champs is like winning a championship...

Let's hit the club and sign someone......

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

First time I got frustrated with Morey was this trade deadline. Should have gone all in on Dragic. Or just get a competent PG with the West PGs.

As he himself said, "Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor." This was the year to go all in, with OKC riddled with injuries and the way Harden was playing like an MVP.

We don't know the fallout of this debacle. If McHale goes, then ok. But what if free agents sour on the team? Or Howard? Or Harden?

What kind of players can the Rockets acquire when everyone's value is so low?

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

When we eliminated Dallas Josh Smith was on the bench acting like we just won the nba championship

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we just faced a better team. it has nothing to do with goals. their goals could've been the championship, but when you get blown out every night by a better team its disheartening and you get frustrated.

the clippers are on another level. we can't compete.

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Maybe not the championship. It was not printed on the t-shirt checklist.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't buy that. I do think they were too full of themselves coming into Game 1 of this series, especially with the Clippers being less than 48 hours removed from a brutal 7-game slugfest with the Spurs and Chris Paul injured. But they received a wakeup call immediately, so that doesn't explain the lousy play(aside from the 2nd half of Game 2) since then.

I think it simply comes down to this team being completely unprepared for elevating their game in the postseason. Their defense has been non-existent throughout the playoffs even going back to the Mavs series. They gave up 110 PPG over those 5 games. It's even worse now at 119.5 vs the Clippers, but when you don't even compete at that end of the floor, you're not going to win in the playoffs.

Also, they seem to have no gameplan. We keep seeing the same dumb mistakes like not running back in transition or ignoring Dwight for entire quarters or Smith with horrible lob attempts when it's clear those are being well guarded since Game 2 last series or Harden just standing out on the perimeter for 15 seconds.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Losing Beverly and DMo hurt us more than folks realize.

DD

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This team doesn't know the effort and toughness it takes be a Championship contender.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

they've played like they were happy just getting out of the 1st round and it shows.

14. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

We didn't really played that focused in the first round. We kinda just picked on the special ed kid in class

15. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, pretty much. Every time you'd hear anybody Rockets-related talking about Championship aspirations THIS year, you could tell in their voice they didn't believe it. I've never believed that the Rockets would go all the way this year. Just too many other better teams, and the Rockets sans Dwight don't understand the difference between beating a team a couple times in the regular season and beating them four times in the playoffs. Totally different animals.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Simply put . . .. Talent wise. . . .. we are as good as the Clippers
    Coaching wise . . .. . . it is looking silly

Coaching BEYOND the X's and O's
    Which is where is starts

our players don't even seem INSPIRED!!

We won 3 out of 4 1st quarters
    Lost 3 out of 4 Second,Third and Fourth Quarters

One word . .. ADJUSTMENTS or lack thereof

Rocket River