1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Rafer Alston do a good job at running the offense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tracyyao01, Sep 26, 2007.

?

did rafer alston run the offense last season?

1. yes

64.2%
  2. no

35.8%
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

he mightve set up the offense, but any PG in the NBA, NBDL or on this freaking board can run up to half court and give it to the best player.

2. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

he called some on his own too. So now your gonna say JVG was running the offense. Would he be a point-forward?

lol.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well from my anecdotal memories of the season i remember rafer looking back at JVG for play calls when t-mac would just run stuff without looking back at the bench. bottom line....t-mac is more creative and a better passer on the basketball court. further he makes he teammates better. the same cannot be said for rafer. t-mac's game last year was more in the mold of a point forward last year. rafer played point guard and t-mac played point forward.

4. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

opinion.

T-Mac was the one who could create for others and was creating along the way. rafer was the one running the show for the last time get it through your brickheads.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, its not like rafer was chose the plys to run. Tmac controlled the game. He controlled the whole offense. What he did with the ball affected all things on offense for the rockets

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

How could rafer "run the show" if tmac had the ball and was creating for others the whole time?

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

wow...i am so confused by how you think. so you are just saying that rafer was the one calling out all the plays for t-mac to do???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

8. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

i'm done filled with brick heads. :eek:

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

obviously you are the only one because you are the only person defending your point of view.

10. Nice Rollin

LOL...yeah i think thats waht he's saying. thats my im saying rafer is good at that, but any nbdl pg can do that.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i have this major weakness for arguing with people that have completely nonsensical points of view.

12. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

On this board, I wonder how many people felt this same way about Eric "Sleepy" Floyd being relieved of his starting PG duties with the team, then winding up in Rudy T's doghouse in the 1992-93 season before being waved during the offseason that followed. At that time, the Rockets had acquired Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Scott Brooks, then during that 1993 offseason, acquired Mario Elie and drafted Sam Cassell. Four of those five guards I just mentioned helped the Rockets win the NBA Championship the following season. :D Perhaps that same scenario might very well take shape for this upcoming 2007-08 season.

I'll agree with most everybody on this board on this subject about the Rockets being able to win a championship, which is, THEY WON'T SUCCEED WITH RAFER ALSTON BEING THE STARTING PG MUCH LIKE THEY NEVER DID WITH ERIC "SLEEPY" FLOYD BEING THE TEAM'S STARTING PG AS WELL OVER 15 YEARS AGO.

13. Nice Rollin

i understand. ive been trying to knock some sense into this guy since page 1. im trying to help him. i said "im done" after he said rafer is possibly a better playmaker than mcgrady.

i wanna help this guy...

14. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Tracyyao, can you start a thread asking if the offense ran smoother with Rafer?

Then another one asking if the offense didnt run smoother without Rafer.

Then another one asking if Rafer wasnt in the game did the offense not run as smooth.

Then another one asking if Rafer was in the game, but not running the offense, would the offense have been run smoother had Rafer been running the offense while he was in the game.

Maybe then people will jump over to your side of the argument.

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I blame JVG for everything that happened last season!
    On Offence nobody was truly incharge of the game!
    Alston would bring the ball all the way down the court, see if he could make a three pointer if not then pass the ball off to another player, mostly one who was not in a good shooting position or one who was being guarded. In contrast to that Alston would sometimes quickly bring the ball to the half court and hand over to McGrady, McGrady would then proceed to look for his own shot, sometimes against great odds, or pass it off , most likely late. Neither McGrady or Alston were playing as playmakers as they were both more concerned with their own shots rather than playing Team Basketball.
    Francis and James are also players in the same ilk. Possibly there is another on our team who can play team basketball in the Point Guard position?
    I feel sure that Coach A will sort this lot out as he insists that his team plays Team Basketball. :p

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

Now eveything depends on Rafer Alston. If he's playin' good basketball he'll play and I agree with that. I doesn't matter who will start as long as we're winin'