1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Padgett play his way into the rotation tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alimoe84, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Ok everyone saw the things that Padgett brought to the table tonight. He hit open shots, rebounded well and had 4 steals in 18 minutes. Everytime we think Boki has turned that corner, he has these games where he has more fouls than points. I wouldn't take Nachbar out of the rotation just yet...I would wait to see how he plays with McGrady on a consistent basis.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Boki was gaurding Kobe which was a hard task for him as well as Bowen...they both got schooled pretty hard from my view

3. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

That's true. I totally expected JJ to be on Kobe. We all know how foul prone Nachbar can be. I guess guarding Kobe could only make him better. I hope he stays in the rotation. He's a good rebounder and he's starting to play with confidence.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I think JJ is too slow for kobe.

5. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

most of the league is too slow for Kobe....

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

i didnt see the game, but did they really get schooled? kobe was held under 20 and this was the first time he wasn't the high scorer on his team. On top of that he didn't have 25 free throws like he had for most of the other games this season.

7. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Much too slow. If JJ continues to stink it up, his minutes has to go down. Despite all the raving about him on this bbs, I was never that impressed with him. His passing was subpar, and choice of shots even worse. At times, he played like he was the #1 or 2 option on last year team. Lucky for him that his shots did fall enough to mask his bad decisions. He should stay with his 3 points set shots, which hasn't even been going for him lately, no more 1 on 1 or fadeaways, please. I much rather have someone else, like Padgett, to play most of his minutes.

8. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Both Ward and Lue are backup qualities at best. Didn't you notice that a scrub like Bowen was even more capable in passing the ball to Yao down low on several consecutive possessions. Many times during the game, even when Yao had established good positions with minimal coverage around him, Ward or Lue decided to swing the ball to the opposite side. It appears the plan was to let Yao to repost on the opposite side, but why even bother to do so when Yao already had good positions. We need taller guys, like Padgett or Bowen, to make entry passes to Yao more often.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Well he broke them down a few times...but the defense that they played was basically doubling Kobe up high as soon as they could and not give a shot to him.

When he did get around the defender they closed on him well and he was missing a lot of shots. he also took a lot of relaly long threes for some reason.

10. MC Welk

MC Welk Member

Well, he tied for the team lead in rebounds (not a good sign). I'm just happy to see Utah rejects on the roster. Maybe you can sign McCleod too.