1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did MKG to Charlotte mess up Morey's plans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clubberclyde, Jun 28, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, you certainly are not sitting outside the other GM's office with your balls in your hands trying to convince them to trade for one of your discarded assets now are you?

I mean look at Portland, they realized they were not going anywhere and got right on the tankwagon and got on with a higher pick.

Morey's way, flat out sucks.

DD

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I pretty much agree. And I've been tired of it way before today

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Again. You all assume. Wrongly I might add for the what? 5 year in a row now? That Morey had a plan. He was lucky today. He had no plan. They took everyone he wanted above us and he was lucky enough that Jeremy Lamb was the only guy he had not planned on taking was there. So he took him instead. He lucked into Drummond, hiw trades falling though, others taking Dion Waiters, Rivers, Ross ahead of him. He would not have taken Jeremy either. It just fell into his lap andhe had to take the best player left in the draft. It was too obvious and there was nobody else he could mess the pick up with. Then he proceeded to do his assets thing and drafted to undersized PFs that none of us knows what he plans to do with or him for that matter.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I don't know if you know how trades work, but they tend to require 'others' to agree to a trade, ie trades are reliant on others. That post is a terribly worded sentence.

1 person likes this.
  5. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

damn dude if robinson lives up to his full potential. him + cousins = scary.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

it's not often i agree with you DD. but i gotta say you're right on the money with this one. i mean come on, it's common sense whether you're a stockbroker, a GM, whatever. you should never HOPE something happens. you need to be self-reliant and take control. this is not control.

7. albuster

albuster Member

More excuses for Morey's mess?

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I see no reason why we shouldn't of traded for toronto's pick. Theres no way they value ross more then lowry and the 12th and 16th pick. We probably would of ended up with drummond and royce white, which you never know might be a worse deal then the players we have right now if drummond doesn't develop to well and either on or both lamb and jones blow up.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Toronto's going after Steve Nash. They don't need Lowry.

10. MystikArkitect

The Rockets are turning into that guy at the office who says he would've made it big and would've been a millionaire if this had happened and that had happened and that he almost landed "this" account but got screwed over by someone else.

The Rockets are B+ or A- at evaluating talent.

They are an F of putting themselves into a position to get that talent.

Quite the dilly of a pickle.

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

They got the 6th pick by trading Gerald Wallace. If we could have traded anyone on our roster for the 6th pick in this draft, you bet Morey would have. I often have trouble understanding exactly what you're complaining about. What could we have done? At what interval? Exactly how would have the tanking plan worked? I'd like to know.