1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did MKG to Charlotte mess up Morey's plans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clubberclyde, Jun 28, 2012.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I can blame Morey. The whole organization has been talking this Howard trade up for months. Michael Jordan didn't just take over Charlotte yesterday.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dion Waiters was not a shocker.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If your plans are reliant on others, than your plans suck balls.

DD

1 person likes this.
  4. arjun

arjun Member

i really thought we had a chance to make a move on both 7th pick and 8th pick.

12th and 18th and parsons/patterson whoever to GS for #7

Lowry and 16th to toronto for #8

Barnes and Drummond.....

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The plan to try to move up certainly was spoiled,but I felt the only player worth giving up all our picks was Anthony Davis, and he was always going to be out of our reach.
    T-Robinson is nice, but if he wasn't available at the 5th spot, then Sac might have reached out for D-Mo. I am glad that didn't happen.

6. arjun

arjun Member

that is the worst comment i've ever heard....

most teams' plans are dependent on others....

who we get depends on who the other team draft,
    what we pay courtney lee depends on what other teams offer,
    whether we get hibbert depends on if pacers want to match,
    whether we get dwight depends on if orlando wants to trade.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Out of the park.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Whether the Thunder got Kevin Durant depended on the Blazers... guess their plan sucked too.

9. DaDakota

You miss the point, if you are busy making your team's ability to compete based upon what others are doing than you are not in control of your own destiny.

Morey's plan sucks, it has always sucked, it will continue to suck...because he has no control over it, because it is too dependent upon others that he has no control over.

DD

10. mazinger

mazinger Member

Shut up troll.

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Teflon Daryl....it's always somebody else's fault.

12. DaDakota

LOL - sorry the truth hurts Vivi !

DD

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You mean like the plan where Boston acquired KG and Ray Allen from Minnesota and Seattle?

Or the plan where LA got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown and Marc Gasol?

Nothing exists in a vacuum. You do things with the help of other people or not at all. I hope you don't take all the credit for your own success in life without acknowledging all the people who got you there. This is no different. Just the past few years, no one has been helping us. Maybe we need an image makeover. That was the one thing Carroll Dawson was good at--schmoozing with the other GM's so that no one hated us when it came time to wheeling and dealing. Too bad he was bad at the other tasks of general managing, like scouting good players in the draft and negotiating reasonable contracts for role players.

1 person likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not in team sports.

Every team is reliant on another team.

If every team in the top 8 decided they were going to be happy with who they picked then there is nothing Morey can do about that. All he can do is hope certain guys fall to him and draft the right guy.

Right now I am worried that the Rockets are just collecting assets instead of building a team.

15. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

The most frustrating part of all of this is that we probably offered the 12 and the 16/18 for the 8th pick, maybe even more. Considering how much Morey had talked to teams in the top 10, there is absolutely no reason for that offer to not be on the table. Maybe there was intel that another team in the top 11 that would have snatched up Ross before he fell to 12th? I honestly don't know. I'm as frustrated as you are regarding the situation we ended up in. Seriously, we found ourselves in the worst, worst possible situation no matter how you look at it.

16. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Tell me how we have "control over our own destiny." Let's say we tank like hell for high draft picks, which is the least "reliant on others" thing you can do. Can you control the ping-pong balls? Can you control if the best prospect of the draft is Tim Duncan or Kenyon Martin? This argument is so dumb it's not even worth refuting.

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

DD is not a troll.

18. skattles08

skattles08 Member

You're right Morey should have controlled his own destiny by marching in there with a bomb strapped to his chest and demanding Anthony Davis

1 person likes this.
  19. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think the other GMs probably stopped taking calls from DM. Must get annoying after awhile with him calling and offering different crazy scenarios. I can just picture GMs rolling their eyes when they hear "Daryl Morey is on the phone"

20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

we have no idea what his plan was
    we only guess he was after lillard