1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Milkhair Ruin James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Jan 30, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

Failure in the standings? Our offense has been great under Morey.... I'd take you more seriously if you were talking more about our defense under Morey.

Prove the bolded is what Morey thinks and not what you think.....

2. dmoneybangbang

We aren't a lowly playoff team. We've been under performing this year no doubt, but with a good trade deadline and re-focusing on the things that made last year's team so good we can move into that darkhorse contender role again. It's possible, but we will need a bit of luck.

Our management staff is commanded by one person or you just speaking in general?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you haven't given up on the idea of a deep playoff push, that is a positive sign.

I was talking about the Rox and in general.

You got to have new ideas other than just fire the coach, fire the GM and trade the players.

If you have to accept that Les will be the owner for the rest of his life (or at least 5 more years) , then other changes have to be made.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It was ALWAYS about hero ball for Mchale. What you just said is the reason why people around here blame Harden for everything because they think it was his idea to ISO so much it was not. JB just admitted that especially in the 4th the idea is to get James the ball for ISO situation that was their plan. He then promised he was going to try to change it. Mchale saying the ball gets sticky means nothing other than covering his ass because the overall idea was to give James the ball and score or drive and kick it to the open three point shooter.

Even when the Rockets passed the ball the entire idea was to get it to James. He played heavy minutes year after year with a plan specifically geared to get him the ball and you are trying to say that's not bad coaching? Harden was literally taught to play the way he is playing right now and it's due to the ineptitude of the entire staff. Mchale was average but the things he did bad he did really badly.

5. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

6. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Always? Even with Dragic and Lowry?!?!

Now I can't take you seriously with bolded.

Get the ball to your best player is bad coaching? Harden is the offensive engine of the team.

If you absolutely have the need to blame someone then blame Morey for not getting a compatible secondary ball handler.

It really doesn't sound like you think McHale is average at all. It sounds like you are just making stuff up.

7. dmoneybangbang

8. Rocket4Life11

I'm not sure how it compares to last year.

I do know that heavy Harden ISO's is not a myth.

9. dmoneybangbang

I was trying to use your tool to compare to last year but it's not working.

I can admit when I'm wrong in regards to this year as I said it was a myth, the numbers show it. I'd also like to add the context we have the 7th most efficient offense to go along with 4th in PPG this year.

Except last year when we were 12th in efficiency, we've been a top 10 team in offensive efficiency under our current coaching staff and Mchale.

10. Rocket4Life11

"I think we can take the ball out of (Harden's) hands, let him play off the catch, let him play a little more free, not having so much ball responsibilities. I think that will help him. I think he's harder to guard like that. We talked about that. That was kind of our goal."

"I do think that off the ball for him would help him, which means we got to get more movement, more body movement, more ball movement. He’s got to get off the ball, got to play off the catch a little bit quicker, got to play off our actions a little bit quicker."

- Coach Mchale

11. dmoneybangbang

I'd also like to add that Howard is 2nd in the league in PPP and Harden is tied for 6th in PPP. Pretty surprising about Howard but then again with him and DeAndre Jordan as the top two, they don't take many shots.

12. Rocket4Life11

That's a nice bump in efficiency. Just terrible that it isn't translating into more wins this year. The horrible defense is probably the reason for that.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is taken out of context and also please provide a link and date. Because McHale said he would try this or try that but it still centered around harden because he didn't know how to properly incorporate what he "wanted" to do.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

15. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Agreed. Someone needs to instill discipline into Harden just like how JVG instilled discipline into SF3. Oh wait....

16. malakas

malakas Member

No he didn't ruin Harden. However there's the culture of the team.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Starting to think the starting block for good defense beyond everything else is accountability.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/694058753230925824">Φεβρουάριος 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Accountabillity. There is none.
    And THAT is the responsibillity of the coaching staff.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah you mean during those 4 years jvg had him? Oh wait.. it was just one year.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Honestly can't wait til we get a real coach so people can realize how poorly organized this coaching staff has been. The fact that they can get away with not having a system by blaming one of our best players and using him as a scapegoat is the reason we are having problems now. No accountability for this coaching staff for not being able to create a system and incorporate guys properly it's always the players.

19. malakas

malakas Member

totally agree. It's the culture. The personell matters as well however our players are better than one of the bottom 5 defences.
    And you see it also from the post game interviews. No accountabillity. Nothing.
    This is the coaching staff. This is their job.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

JVG let T-Mac do half sessions during training. The other half he would sit in a director's chair and watch his teammates practice.

Even when T-Mac was the closest defender he'd yell at a teammate on the other side of the court to "Pick up my man".