1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did LeBron James pull a Harden today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, May 21, 2017.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

LOL...pretty much sums this up.

2. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Iam not comparing players ....both performances stunk. You can say he was 10-0 before i can say he has two superstars with him (which makes it easier to play)
    You can say it was game 3 and they were up 2-0 i can say they were playing boston not the best defensive team in the NBA...excuses are the same.
    The point is both of them played horribly, and it shows you that even the best player in the world can have a bad game, it doesent mean he should be ridiculed for it.
    PPL on here r disloyal and stupid. We have the best offensive talent in the NBA and they turned on him in one sec cuz of one bad game saying he Quit on us lol. You stupid fans r hilarious.
    We got outcoached , outsmarted,outplayed....if u had any sort of knowledge about how basketball is played you could see how pop guarded harden . (3players) he was gonna stop him at all costs and the other players stunk it up too all shooting less then 40%, but ill leave you to think that the only reason our team was where they r was the sole reason we lost lol stupid stupid stupid.

Now on a more serious note that makes sense...Harden has to be stronger Mentally. He can not let previous plays effect the next . Its always a snowball avalanche with him and that needs to stop. Secondly he is very cerebral reading defense and has a very high basketball IQ but he still doesent take advantage of mismatches like he is supposed to. He needs to value possessions more instead of chucking 3s when ever a big guy is defending him.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You still don't get it.

I'll try to put it in real life terms...

Harden is like the Father that has missed multiple games that his kid has played in. Matter of fact, didn't even show up to the last game of the season.

Lebron is like the dad where he's made almost all of his kid's games but something came up and he had to miss one.

No where else in life (or even basketball really) do people look at one instance to judge a player rather than taking in the entire body of work.

Look, it's a losing argument. Not only are the situations not the same (one guy facing elimination vs one guy losing his first game in the entire playoffs), but the players aren't even the same. Harden flat out has not earned the right to have a terrible game glossed over in the playoffs. Especially not in a game where your team is facing elimination.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden was a role player on that team, hard to blame him for choking and costing them that series.

Durant and Westbrook didn't need Harden to choke last year against the Warriors either.

5. Mr. Space City

harden had a job to do and he didn't do it.

and i criticize durant and westbrook the same as harden.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's true, but I don't see anyone (or you) going on about the other role players not doing their job either. I mean, it's not like they were tearing it up. Lou disappeared for an entire series. Ryno was good for about a game and a half.

I'm just saying, I'm not sure 'choking' applies to a role player.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't tell @tinman , otherwise the whole Lin thread will collapse under the weight of its own hyperbole

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

you guys are crazy if you think you NBA is not going to have LeBron play against KD and the warriors in the finals

I think LeBron is going to win it

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. Mr. Space City

i was very vocal about how trash ryan anderson was.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yer totally right, bro... folks turned on him bc of 1 bad game...
    Harden's entire history before that game was nothing but hard work, devotion to the game and good times...

He's always placed his devotion to the team above his own outside interests and desires... He's always been the consummate professional.
    Always been a team builder by bridging the gaps with teammates and really propelling the 'we're all in it together' concept...
    Always leading by example on both ends of the court...
    Never had a bad game before - esp in the playoffs...

Yep, nobody ever had an unkind word to say about James... Saint James I think is how most of the fans referred to him...

THEN... in one fell swoop... one bad game... people turned on him totally out of the blue...

and it was clearly evident that he gave his all in that game 6... He was trying to be aggressive and lead from the opening tipoff... but unfortunately his shot just wasn't falling... but the way he scurried for rebounds and the defensive intensity...yep, he left it all on the the court... probably didn't even have the energy to get himself home that night...

Fans can be so fickle and shortsighted...

11. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

So you mean to tell me him becoming the best offensive talent in the NBA didnt come from hard work?...what he does outside of the gym really shouldnt concern you or anybody else. Its obvious he does put the work in the gym and on the court to get better and stronger every year.
    He is a 26 year old enjoying his life which he is entitled to do man. He should def tone it down when it comes to the playoffs but still to say he hasnt put enough work in to warrant him doing whatever the **** he wants is just plain short sighted like most of the fans are here.
    He has alot on his shoulders and when he does **** the bed, its not his fault he doesent have kyrie frickin irving bailing him out. When he gets better players around him he will be better for sure, but when every single thing is on him its hard to just do it day in and day out especially when you have the best coach in league history scheming against you.

If you cant see that he has become better each and every year here then the convo is pointless. he does put the work in and he is the best player we have had since hakeem. show some gratitude

Its not his fault he doesent have kyrie frickin irving to bail him out when he does play a bad game.

12. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

"Always leading by example on both ends of the court.... He was trying to be aggressive and lead from the opening tipoff... but unfortunately his shot just wasn't falling...”
    lol wat game did u watch man, he had no shot attempts in the 1st qrt, plain and simple he ****kng quit.

#112 ilovehtownbb, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You get choking and sucking mixed up

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. kjayp

While James is one of the best offensive players in the league... he's just a man - a flawed man like the rest of us (pardon to the ladies)... can we please stop makin out like he's either the freakin messiah - or the anti-christ...

I can do without all the "we should be grateful that he's willing to take the millions of dollars Les is giving him..." He wanted more money than OKC was willing to pony up... we were willing to give up the assets to get him and pay him to stay... I dont fault a man for doing whats best for his pocketbook - but I also dont feel gratitude for the same actions...

He's obviously worked very hard to get where he's at... and I dgaf what he does off the court - as long as it doesn't affect him when he is on the court... can't say that's always the case... can you?

Can we please stop making excuses for him... he's a great player but he's flawed... if folks want to deny those flaws or act like he's above even discussing trade possibilities... again, not the messiah - not the anti-christ...

and he's 27 not 26.... ;)

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  15. kjayp

Evidently my sarcasm too subtle... ;) lol

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden quit because the organization told him to do so and gave him money and a consensus to quit. It was a staged game. Lets move on to more staged critical games.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol at the people in here defending quitting

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Open your pineal gland

[​IMG]

ilovehtownbb likes this.