1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did last year spoil the fanbase?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 22, 2011.

1. mrjuandiego1988

wow us rocket fans really have low expectations. "spoiled" for a second round exit? lol

2. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Yeah right, We can all see his great effort to lead this team.

-Good players show why they need to be leader, which he does not do
    -Good players earn time over other players by showing they have more talent rather than show frustration for not getting time.

He can get the leader spot, when he shows he is capable of leading this team.

Guy with no emotions, no effort, and lots of frustration does not define a leader.

Brooks is a great shooter. He will help us a lot if he can start shooting like he did last year.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Trade all you can to get Carlos Boozer? Are you serious?

4. joesr

joesr Member

Why do you guys think Morey doesnt factor in the fact that Yao is injury prone?

for how smart you credit Morey, i am pretty sure Yao is just considered a bonus if plays but if not, we're not relying on him.

5. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Uhh, ya, second round exit with $40 million of payroll MIA. It was extremely promising.

Go check out the Heat and Mavs getting blown out by scrubs when they're missing Dirk and Lebron, then get back to me.

6. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Name one asset that we brought in that would play better had Yao been playing.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

'00-'01 spoiled the fanbase, and it cost Rudy his job.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Let me see...

"Tracy McGrady's back will be fine...let's trade a #8 pick for a role player..."

A few years later, another portion of grey matter kicks out this gem...

"We'll be fine if Yao goes down...we've got Chuck Hayes to cover in that unlikely scenario...again"

Personally, I'd call that poor planning. But on this board, Morey is about as teflon as Battier.

In all honesty, I watched last years' team and wondered how they got 42 wins. My first impulse was smoke and mirrors. Then, some rationale kicked in. While most teams were tweaking their rosters, the Rockets got off to a good start with basically the team that ended the prior season.

But the prior season is where the "spoiled" mindset occurred. Too many people bought into the "we were the only team to take the Lakers to 7 Games" logic. Or better said...illogic.

On a tangent...where's that guy that called me "stupid" when I suggested the prior seasons' team needed upgraded.... :p

#28 GATER, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
    2 people like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There is a certain logic here that I have to agree with.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Gater nailed it.

The Lakers series is what gave a lot of fans false hope not last year.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I agree with this.

And add to it those who felt when we got back Yao, that we could beat the Lakers.

I suppose this is arguable since we wont get to see.