1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone go to the Astrodome last night . . .

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@, Apr 2, 2001.

1. DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

to watch Wrestlemania? With 67,000 people in the place last night watching the biggest event in wrestling, I presume there must be a few CC.Net'ters there. If not, was it big news in Houston?

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I didn't go but spent all last night tryin to pry info from DoD on how to descrable the cable PPV signal. [​IMG] The only big news on TV was about Matress Mac fighting one of them and how to get there with no traffic.

------------------
    Note: It was my cowhead. I started the cowhead craze, and my cowhead inspired Mooch to step up and bring us a victory. Thank you for your time. :D

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I was there. Had crappy seats, and was a bit disappointed with the ending. I also sat in the crowd that refused to stand up for anyone.

Also, the shuttle system is ridiculous. Thank God I got out of their early.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I was there, and I took the shuttle to get there with no problems outside of waiting in line.

I was in the 16th row on the floor, about 4 seats over from the Titan Tron entrance ramp. Close enough to get my hand slapped!

I was simply amazed at the pure size of those dudes. My first "damn-that-guy-is-huge" moment was with Bradshaw, then Kane, and finally the Big Show. Big Show is exactly that. I was about 5 feet from him when he came down the ramp and I was awestruck at the sheer size of this man. I've stood next to a few 7ft NBAers before, but they were just tall guys. The Big Show made me feel like I was about 6 years old again.

Overall, WrestleMania kicked ass.

And Chyna is fine as all hell, IMHO.

------------------
    "The idea of a band nowadays is five pretty boys, one with a tattoo, one with a shaved head, and on and on. I mean, I like Britney Spears, I think she's pretty, but I'm not from the Mickey Mouse Club. I'm from the Godzilla club!"
    ---Ozzy Osbourne

5. Lynus302

Also, Jeff Bagwell and Moises Alou were there.

------------------
    "The idea of a band nowadays is five pretty boys, one with a tattoo, one with a shaved head, and on and on. I mean, I like Britney Spears, I think she's pretty, but I'm not from the Mickey Mouse Club. I'm from the Godzilla club!"
    ---Ozzy Osbourne

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What's more impressive is that Paul White (sp?) aka, the Giant, aka, the Big Show is an athletic 7'2"+ and around 450-500 lbs. He's not a lumbering oaf.

------------------
    "So you say you want some intelligent responses? I say give me something intelligent to respond to." -- Dimwits beware, B-Ball freak tells it like it is. Sing it bro!

7. DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

Thats cool, it must have been quite an experience to be there.

As for the Big Show, could you imagine him playing center in the NBA? Watching Shaq trying to guard him would be quite funny. He's got about 150 pounds on him, and like Dr. mentioned, he can still move.

Lynus, did you get a nice view of Lita when she ran out for the TLC match (which by the way was amazing)? China is nice, but Lita is simply the bomb.

------------------
    This message has been brought to you by:

DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

[This message has been edited by DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@ (edited April 03, 2001).]

8. Lynus302

Yup. Lita is hot as hell. What was better was when she left the ring. She was tired and "injured", so she was moving slowly. I got a great view of her tho-tho-tho-tho-thong.

None of them compare to Chyna. (IMO)

------------------
    ---Ozzy Osbourne

[This message has been edited by Lynus302 (edited April 03, 2001).]

9. gr8-1

Anybody else have a problem with the ending ? I know it was no DQ, but there should have been a clean finish. I also thought the Rock shoulda gone over.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

10. Lord Tree

Lord Tree Member

Yeah, Stone Cold turning heel (well, at least how they did it) just felt wrong. It just got the feeling that when they were deciding who should turn, the Rock said he wouldn't and Stone Cold said he would despite the fact it would've made a lot more sense for the Rock to turn. I've noticed that many of the fans are STILL cheering Stone Cold no matter what he does. It just doesn't seem right. And as cool as it is to have HHH and Stone Cold teamed up now, it makes even less sense than SCSA siding with Vince. Then again, maybe they'll explain it away and it'll work, but it sure doesn't seem that way right now.

Lord Tree

------------------
    Who is Lain?

11. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

She's a man, BAbyyyy...

[This message has been edited by ChenZhen (edited April 03, 2001).]

12. Lynus302

Stone Cold was supposed to be a heel from the beginning. His beer-drinking, beat-the-hell-out-of-anyone-and- everyone tactics were intended for him to be a "bad guy." The thing is, everyone loved him for it. The whole thing had the complete opposite effect as it was originally intended.

------------------
    ---Ozzy Osbourne

13. Lord Tree

Lord Tree Member

Lynus302:

Yes and that's why I think it is a mistake to try to make him a heel (and by heel a mean a person most fans would boo, not necessarily in action). I'm not sure if even siding with Vince will make him someone that will get enormous boos from the audience. And since the rest of his character has many heel characteristics, I'm not sure what they can do to his character to make him more hated with the fans... The Rock on the other hand would seem to be much to make a heel IMHO. But, I may be wrong and Stone Cold will be hated soon. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lord Tree

------------------
    Who is Lain?

14. Lynus302

Lord Tree:
    Time will tell whether Stone Cold goes over as a heel, but I think he will, no problem. People will hate him just because he has sided with Vince. I think fans will feel "betrayed" by his heel turn, which is the point after all, and will hate him just like they're supposed too. I think we are witnessing a rebirth of the Corporation and the Corporate Champion, which was a successful gimmick with the Rock a couple of years ago.

HHH, now there 's a bad guy. I love hating him!

------------------
    ---Ozzy Osbourne

15. gr8-1

I think the fact it was in Austin's home state made it harder. If it were in Miami, maybe it would have been easier.

I also didn't want the Rock to turn, that's been done before.

------------------

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Love the rock
    prefer Rakishi as a non heel
    [did he fight?]

QUESTION
    how goes to WCW and who comes to WWF?

Rocket River
    Shame Mc the MAN

------------------

17. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

See DoD, there are more wrasslin fans!! Anyways, back to the subject. Paul Wight AKA Big Show is NOT 400-500 some pounds. He is actually 312-380 pounds. Its true, its true. The WWF wanted him to lose weight thats why he wasnt on TV for a few months cuz he was workin out.

------------------
    Note: It was my cowhead. I started the cowhead craze, and my cowhead inspired Mooch to step up and bring us a victory. Thank you for your time. :D

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know what you're talking about... I'd never watch that fake stuff! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I noticed he was missing for a while, but I never was too big a fan of the WWF after Hulk Hogan left. If that's true, then he's whimpy. (7'2" - 380 lbs... whimpy... haha)

------------------
    "So you say you want some intelligent responses? I say give me something intelligent to respond to." -- Dimwits beware, B-Ball freak tells it like it is. Sing it bro!

19. gr8-1

Booker T is the only lock to go to the wwf, imo. Alot of the young guys will stay in wcw. I've heard that Luger and Sting were gonna start a fed with Bischoff.

If money weren't an issue, Goldberg would go to the WWF. He is still very over.

Rockets R Us, TBS is definitely NOT 312 pounds.

------------------

20. Lynus302

Big Show is between 350-400 lbs. He was over 400 lbs, which is why they sent him to the "minor leagues" (house shows, smaller promotions), so he could lose some weight and work on conditioning.

------------------
    ---Ozzy Osbourne