1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone else get worried about 22 in a row?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, Dec 16, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Nah. Now if the Warriors had Shane Battier on their roster, then I would've been worried. He seems to be the key to a record-setting winning streak.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

GSW is plenty deep. The only place they lack depth is behind Bogut -- unfortunately for them, he is the most delicate flower on that squad.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Worried about breaking a non-record that another team already surpassed a couple years ago? Uh, no.

4. Ghost_of_Akeem

Rockets may win 22 in a row this year once the team gets healthy. Yes, we are that good.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

not when they have the brittle bros. it was gonna happen sooner or later. they got lucky they got to face an injury depleted rockets team twice.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We currently have a 2 game winning streak. That's the only streak I care about.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, if Kobe getting to be third is such a big deal to people, why not?

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

No. Warriors had a soft schedule and will start a losing streak come tomorrow

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Because our team was not the Mcheal Jordan of streaks.

11. dragician

dragician Member

i was, and my 8yr old son who is a big fan of Curry was not happy with me last night jinxing all their plays. :)

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Confused analogy. Kobe is not Michael Jordan. He just surpassed MJ.

The Rockets surpassed the Bucks' streak. That Milwaukee team was elite back in the days and had held the second position for more than 35 years.

I still don't know why people celebrate Kobe's achievement while dissing the Rockets' streak. And many are Rockets fans.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Honestly if we held the record at 22, I would be but since we have like the 3rd longest winning streak ever, i really don't care.

Anyway every year a team goes on a long winning streak of like 10+ games or more more often than not, it means nothing other than they had a long stretch of games where they played bad teams. It's normally debated for everyteam that has a long streak is the strength of their schedule, for some reason with GSW, no one talks about it, it's all "OMG, they are doing this with out David Lee and Bogut!"

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Not sure how you could forget the Heat a few years back. They went on a tear.

15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

No, actually, I wasn't. I called it a few games before that they'd lose to Memphis. I knew once they played a GOOD, HEALTHY team they'd get exposed. And did they ever. Curry was absolute trash that game

16. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

That 07-08 streak was great. We had a beat down T-Mac and some scrappy role players.

This was with both Yao Ming and Steve Francis both injured and done for the season. Imagine if we had both of them healthy and rolling. Now that I think about it if the 07-08 team would've clicked and been healthy, theres no doubt we would've been Playoff contenders.

Best Case Scenario Lineup

PG- Steve Francis/Rafer Alston/Aaron Brooks

SG-Tracy McGrady/Mike James

SF-Shane Battier/Bonzi Wells

PF-Luis Scola/Carl Landry

C-Yao Ming/Dikembe Mutombo/Chuck Hayes

The only thing stopping this drool-inducing team is injuries, and thats exactly what happened.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...ladies and gentlemen, these are your clutchfans members.

Are the other team fan forums filled with harsh uninformed people like this one or is it just ours?

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Didn't Miami already break the 22 game win streak a few seasons back?

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yes, in the Eastern Conference with the Heatles team. There was no excuse for the Heatles to not win like 50 in a row every year.

The Rockets record is much more impressive.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some asked to respect Kobe and his achievement but I doubt Rockets fans would celebrate him.

I am not one of them.

I am thinking I won't be disappointed if the GSW actually won more than the Rockets.

But I am glad that streak is good for the 3rd or 4th best in history.