1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anybody catch the very last play of the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jan 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

We had 10 seconds left, down 6 or something. We could've gotten a quick 3 up to cut down to 3 with 5 seconds left. Our whole team outside of Thorton gave up. Dwight casually dribbled it up past half court and then Ariza held on to it. Thorton kept calling for the ball and then threw up his hands in frustration as the buzzer went off.

So lame. Thorton showing heart and fight while the rest of the team gives up.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"or something" lols. It was 8 points.

You want to try rewriting your opening post again with it being an 8pt game, and consider whether it is thread worthy.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

whoops, my bad. either way, we still gave up too easily.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

No, we had lost. Not enough time to score 8 points with no timeouts left.

6. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Did the game thread get locked? Hmmmmmm.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Really? They came back from double digits to force overtime.

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The very last play of regulation that was blatantly ignored was when Thornton hit the 3 to tie the game. Rivers tried to call a Timeout (when they had no more timeouts left). The ref was standing right in front of him and the rule in situations like that is to call a Technical Foul (remember the infamous Chris Webber Timeout fiasco - Michigan/North Carolina). Had that been called (and the Rockets made the FT shot that should have been called, someone OTHER than Harden), assuming the final play of regulation happened as it did (LAC misses its final shot attempt), Rockets would have won in regulation, and OT never would have been played.

9. ibm

ibm Member

didnt notice that.

that last play was essentially the same play of the one prior to it, where dwight set a screen to free up thornton (and dwight didnt do a good job at it, lol). the clips were just stupid not to defend it well.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

you've got video?

11. Ns575

Ns575 Member

oh wow

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I noticed that. What I also noticed was that we were down by 8 points and the game was over so not worried that Thorton didn't get to pad his stats.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I wonder if something like that can be replayed - i know the league had a replay of a game a few seasons ago where Shaq was taken out of a game early because of a mistake.

I mean it seems pretty straight forward to see if the Clippers had no timeouts and they took one (I believe they took their last one on the "rebound' off of a made free throw from Jamal Crawford which really should have been a delay of game as well) that should have been a FT.

I mean Paul traveled pretty bad twice at the end of regulation prior to getting off that last shot as well.

The reffing was just a bit weird towards the end of regulation there.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Looks like Doc threw his hands up and was walking onto the court, though the ref had to push him back.

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/8btr?muted=1" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

15. SunsRocketsfan

Dwight showed heart last night..

Harden.... well harden was harden.. no heart.. no effort .. no hustle.. no defense

I think JJ Reddick has a new career high every time he plays us.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I thought it was interested lance and smoove were goofing around air boxing on the side lines

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Looks like Nick_713 got a little carried away. Rivers didn't call for a time-out.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Had to get to that STRIP club before it closed yo!

DD

19. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

T-Mac is ashamed of you.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

8pts, 9 sec ia possible.