1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dick Justice: What to do with McGrady now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 27, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets, who see him every day in practice, and at the complex apparently do not agree.

So, should we continue to pine for the fallen ex-superstar player, or trust the GM who has retooled the roster, and put a winning team on the floor with $40mm sitting on the bench?

Or, should we trust Mr. "I am back"...again......????

It is fairly clear to me that Tracy wants to play, really badly, but for whatever reasons (probably not public) the team has decided they don't want him anymore.

Therefore, I trust the org, they are making so many right calls, I have to believe they know what they are doing.

DD

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LMAO

I heard the movie guy's voice in my head, too.

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I don't deny that this year's squad has surprised me, but I'm not buying into it quite as much as many are. I try to look forward, and it doesn't look too promising. I don't see this team giving too many problems to any of the elite teams in a 7 games series. I mean at the end of the day, that's what it's about right?

I know...you can reply with the typical tinman google mcgrady and 2nd round playoffs line. I'm talking about what team gives you the best chance at winning. My very humble opinion is, McGrady and Yao give you that out of the options the team has.

Now if the organization has something of value coming back, then sweet. I fail to see how they are going to pull off something like that. The most likely scenarios are they get something back that really has minimal impact on the roster/rotation or McGrady's contract expires and they go try and find someone in the offseason.

But will that player or two really be the impact players we need? You need those star players. Even the one team that people want to say had no stars who won a title (Detroit) really did. Heck, didn't they have the most allstars from their squad as well? Anyway, wasted breath. Slow day at work, so migh as well babble.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes agreed, but they aren't winning anything this year anyway with or without Tmac.

I am not Tinman and you are a very reasonable poster, and thus do not deserve anything but reasonable responses.

I agree, but Tracy by himself does not help the team get to the promised land this year and as he is expiring, and will control his own fate, I don't think the organization should benefit him, when other players that will be here when Yao gets back need developmental time. IMO, it is just time to move on....for all parties.

Agreed, but we aren't privvy to those talks, and if they have determined that Tmac is impacting the team negatively, and it is time to move on, they must have their reasons.

Yes, but you can also DEVELOP those star players.....and we have 3 candidates on the roster right now in Brooks, Landry, and CBud.

The first 2 are actually sniffing the neighborhood and the 3rd is a ways away but has potential....

So, I see a sunny future, and I just don't believe Tracy is part of it.....he is more like an eclipse of the sun.....

;)

DD

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

If we can't trade McGrady by himself or we ce can't include Sergio Llull, Jermaine Taylor, Andersen, Brian Cook, or Dorsey. We're better off keeping McGrady, his contract is expiring anyway.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Why not? I said give elite teams a problem (and yes, hopefully win). In the 3 playoff series Tracy has been a part of here in Houston, he's gone to game 7 twice and game 6 once. I considered the Mavs and Jazz elite teams when the Rockets played them.

We can go back and forth on his supporting cast, but my opinion is if he were remotely healthy last season to play during the playoffs, that he'd have that 1st round monkey off his back. Who knows what could have happened past that?

Moving on is fine with me. I just want to know what the future holds for the team. Yao is still an unknown for me. I know what he offers when he's healthy, a very very good center, great is arguable. Outside of that? Do I have confidence that Brooks will become a better/smarter playmaker or will he continue to be a scoring PG? Will he gain 30 pounds so he's not so outweighed by average NBA sized PGs? Landry...I can't say anything. I've loved that guy's play since day one. I think Chase will probably be a great 6th man. No need to go down the roster, but I think you know what I'm getting at whether you agree or not.

I touched on this a little above. More and more Brooks reminds me of Francis, except smaller, actually less turnover prone if you can believe that, and rebounds less.

I'm fine with him not being a part of it, I guess I just don't see such a shiny future just yet I suppose.

I should probably add that I don't mean to talk down our players. It's just my honest evaluation of them.

7. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

I BELIEVE THIS IS THE BEST POST I HAVE READ ALL DAY. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

There is a reason why this is in the Blog Section and not in the news section.

This is just his opinion, just like if DD decide to make a blog himself.

There is not insider news, and nothing more that speculation and personal opinions.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So ESPN's Chris Sheridan has about the same opinion:

http://espn.go.com/nba/

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

McGrady is up in a few minutes.....not sure if you knew. :)