1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dick Justice: What to do with McGrady now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 27, 2009.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Did YOU bother reading this article? This sounds just about EXACTLY like what I was saying.

Adelman deciding not to play T-Mac because he doesn't know how to integrate him back into the lineup would not classify as a "missed game" for insurance purposes. Otherwise, it is simply an invitation to commit insurance fraud.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That depends on what his reasoning for it is......

If the reason is that he is just not ready, or he lacks explosion because of the knee, wouldn't that qualify?

And isn't that exactly what they are saying when they say he is not the player he once was etc?

Heck I don't know...but it sounds like it could still be a factor.......unless we read the actual language of the insurance, we can easily assume either way.....that he is covered by games missed, or that he is no longer covered.

I would bet we could agree that it did have a factor on him playing before the 41st game though, right?

DD

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

That much we can agree on, DD. But I really think your interpretation of the insurance coverage is wildly apart from reality. As I said before, if your interpretation was correct, we would have heard MUCH more about this on a national level, with McGrady's contract being viewed in NBA circles as a much, much, much more valuable trade asset than it really is. Also, I'm guessing that we would have heard something about either Les Alexander or the insurance company filing a lawsuit/injunction/arbitration to settle the payment issue if it was, in fact, in line with your interpretation.

I'm not saying that you're absolutely, positively 100% wrong. I'm just saying that I'm about 90-95% sure that's the case.

:grin:

4. DaDakota

I don't think it matters all that much, otherwise Raef LeFrentz would have been traded or Cuttino etc....

At least it hasn't in the past.

And I don't know the language of the insurance deal at all, maybe one of the national reporters will pick up the story and actually dig into it.

You know the Chronicle guys won't ....but Yahoo might.

DD

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

What to do with McGrady now?

Either play him, trade him, or waive him (if possible).

One of the three has to happen SOON.

6. DaDakota

I don't know, I get the sneaking suspicion that this is going to drag out for quite a while yet.

DD

7. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Gahh, I wish some higher authority would tell us what the Rockets are going to do.

But then again, we wouldn't have anything to speculate over. ;)

8. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

we know. thats why mcgrady was given permission to leave. Je didnt leave on his own

9. Possum

Possum Member

I cant wait to wake up and read that TMac is gone. Hopefully all the TMac lovers will go with him. Thanks for the sig DICK!

10. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. A lack of explosion does not qualify as an ongoing injury, and even if it did, Rick Adelman isn't a physician in any way that I'm aware of.

11. aloha

aloha Member

ok, i'm really tired of that kind of speech.

the manager of a Chinese b-ball bbs(he has biz with rox and Peak) i usually checking posted on Feb 12, 2009(it was Feb 13 in Beijing time) that mcgrady 'most likely' be out of the season and Rox management already accepted it. (here's the link, u can use google or sth to translate it. http://bbs.hoopchina.com/533046.html)

Keith Jones said he had already told boss, morey and coach mcgrady's decision(http://www.nba.com/video/teams/rock...nference.tracyMcGrady_surgery.nba/index.html), but when it came out on website, rox and coach were pretending that they know nothing about it. That was FUNNY.

12. Possum

Possum Member

Oh well maybe tommorrow. :(

13. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks.

EXCEPT YOU JUST MADE THAT **** UPPPP!!!

14. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Oh SNAP!!!

15. albuster

albuster Member

This McGrady issue is good for the bbs and for us fans. It makes some interesting topic for the season since we are not discussing any playoff runs or a championship.

The other good thing is while this keeps us entertained the team is not distracted or seemingly affected by all these. In fact, they just keep rolling along showing a lot of passion, effort and toughness, all the anti thesis of McGrady's game.

There should be some tinge of sadness for this bbs when McGrady is gone because any mention of him in almost any thread sparks a raging debate that would rival a presidential campaign. After McGrady I can see no one in the team who can spark such a drama and controversy. No, Ariza is not even close to a drama queen as McGrady.

The bottom line is that the Rockets are done with McGrady and he is very much on borrowed time with this organization. The soone he leaves the better for the Rockets. It is not necessarily good though for generating passion and heavy traffic at Clutchfans.

16. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

LOL, he cant lie in the paper? What world do you live in? While you say the we will ignore it, you will will agree with it and consider it factual just becasue you agree with what he is saying.

If someone else wrote an article today and it stated that the Rockets arent being fair to Tracy, what would you say? Are we to believe the article at that point? He is just a writer that has an opinion like everyone else and you are just a Tracy hater!!!!

17. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

Yes, I would say that this part makes sense, however, my only issue would be if in fact that Tracy's frustration stemmed from Rick not keeping his word that after 6 or 7 games he would get more minutes and be worked back into the rotation. Is this true? This is what I heard but I dont know if its true or not.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

19. J-Wood

J-Wood Member

I agree, I think they are making a move here real soon. I just hope it ends up working out for the team in the end

20. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

One thing the Rockets have been consistent about during this whole situation is that they have been very non-committal with regards to playing time or the increase of Mac's playing time. The only thing RA has committed to is that he "would observe his play and see how he fits".

He obviously doesn't fit, so now when they tell him that, he throws a hissy fit.

I just love that management is giving into this baby or his whiny tactics. He may be saying the right thing to the media, but I guarantee you he is not saying the right things to management behind closed doors.