1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dick Cheney humiliates Obama in today's Wall Street Journal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jun 18, 2014.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Cheney should be placed in a cage in central Baghdad.

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Folks

This is real.

1 person likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guess what, Obama is in the White House while Dick Cheney and his people are sitting around complaining on Wall Street Journal and Fox.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Cheney 2016

I'm bigtexxx and I approve this message.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dick Cheney... lol!

6. Classic

Classic Member

Dick Cheney's credibility < 0

Seriously, **** that guy.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

As much as we demonized Sadam post-invasion of Iraq, he was the bulls head in the region when it came to fighting Al Qaeda... A necessary evil perhaps?

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F9SOVzMV2bc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

President Obama's past statements about ISIS and al Qaeda.

"If a J.V. team puts on Lakers' uniforms that doesn't make them Kobe Bryant" (January 2014).

"[C]ore al Qaeda is on its heels, has been decimated" (August 2013).

"So, let there be no doubt: The tide of war is receding" (September 2011).

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

"I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators. I’ve talked with a lot of Iraqis in the last several months myself, had them to the White House....The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but what they want to get rid of Saddam Hussein and they will welcome us as liberators the United States when we come to do that"
    Richard Cheney - March 2003

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Must be an election year.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

AND THE LONG STICK GOES BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/megyn-kelly-dick-cheney-iraq-interview-135553569.html

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly is being applauded for grilling Dick Cheney over an op-ed in which the former vice president and his daughter harshly — and some say hypocritically — criticized President Barack Obama's handling of the crisis in Iraq.

In the op-ed, published by the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday, Cheney writes, "Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many."

During her interview with Cheney and his daughter Liz on Wednesday night, Kelly introduced him as "the man who helped lead us into Iraq in the first place."

She read the quote back to the former vice president and then said, "But time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong in Iraq as well, sir."

"You said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction," Kelly told Cheney. "You said we would be greeted as liberators. You said the insurgency was in the last throes, back in 2005. And you said after our intervention that extremists would have to 'rethink their strategy of jihad.' Now with almost $1 trillion spent there, with 4,500 American lives lost there, what do you say to those who say, 'You were so wrong about so much at the expense of so many'?"

"Well, I just fundamentally disagree, Reagan — uh, Megyn," Cheney replied. "You've got to go back and look at the track record. We inherited a situation where there was no doubt in anybody's mind about the extent of Saddam's involvement in weapons of mass destruction. We had a situation where, after 9/11, we were concerned about a follow-up attack. It would involve not just airline tickets and box cutters as the weapons, but rather something far deadlier, perhaps even a nuclear weapon."

It would've been "irresponsible for us not to act," Cheney said.

The interview surprised plenty of Twitter users, many of whom praised Kelly for her tough questioning that the Cheneys, perhaps, didn't see coming. Fox News is generally criticized for catering to conservatives.

Fox News and the Wall Street Journal are owned by News Corp.

My new favorite TV interrogator: Megyn Kelly, grilling surprised-seeming and talking-point-bound VP Cheney http://t.co/4bPHwxzbXt
    — James Fallows (@JamesFallows) June 19, 2014

Fox's Megyn Kelly had tough questions for Dick Cheney on Iraq: http://t.co/rffgQ36obV
    — Byron York (@ByronYork) June 19, 2014

Now I understand why everyone loves FOX's Megan Kelly… takes it right to FOX hero Cheney on air http://t.co/SIveAddqnC
    — Henry Blodget (@hblodget) June 19, 2014

Awesome. The hypocrisy is astounding. WATCH: Megyn Kelly DESTROYS Dick Cheney Over Iraq http://t.co/PJ14iwByXs via @HuffPostPol
    — Jackie Mishler (@jackiemishler) June 19, 2014

Even losing Fox, Damn >> Megyn Kelly Confronts Dick Cheney: 'You Got It Wrong' On Iraq (VIDEO) @TPM http://t.co/Kh0bB7k00p
    — Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) June 19, 2014

Cheney has no right to criticize,none whatsoever. http://t.co/V2h0uUBGEm
    — Martina Navratilova (@Martina) June 19, 2014

Dick Cheney thought he'd be welcomed as a liberator by Megyn Kelly http://t.co/bxhfiY4f2W
    — pourmecoffee (@pourmecoffee) June 19, 2014

15. conquistador#11

in before reagan kelly gets got, i.e demoted to penguin dances macarena stories.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Glenn Beck Admits Liberals 'Were Right' on Iraq War

http://www.newsweek.com/glenn-beck-admits-liberals-were-right-iraq-war-255341

Conservative pundit Glenn Beck admitted on his radio show Tuesday that he was wrong and liberals were right for opposing the invasion of Iraq.

“[Liberals] said we couldn’t force freedom on people,” Beck said at the start of his radio show on Tuesday. “You were right. Liberals, you were right, we shouldn’t have.”

“You cannot force democracy on the Iraqis or anybody else, it doesn’t work. They don’t understand it or even really want it,” Beck said.

This is a major turnaround for the famously right-wing pundit who in 2009 said, ”The most used phrase in my administration if I were to be president would be ‘What the hell you mean we’re out of missiles?”’

“Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free," Beck said on his radio program, according to a transcript on his site. "I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.”

Beck’s comments come amidst a surge in sectarian fighting in Iraq. He explained that at the beginning of U.S. involvement there, he “believed that the United States was under threat from Saddam Hussein.” He lamented the increasing partisan divide in U.S. politics, and urged Republicans and Democrats to come together to keep the U.S. out of further involvement, and to bring all remaining troops in Iraq home.

“Finally, there are some things we can come together on and clean up our own house," Beck said. "But if we do to the liberals what they did to us and George W. Bush and make it just about politics, we will be divided more. This cannot become about the President. It cannot become act [sic] the Democrats. This has to become about the principles because in the principles we all agree. Enough is enough. Bring them home, period.”

17. yo

yo Contributing Member

Sounds more like he's just calling the Iraqis dimwitted instead of owning up.

18. shorerider

shorerider Member

Dick Cheney - Draft-dodging coward who made up for his gutlessness by becoming a war criminal.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, people on the left are such children when it comes to politicians on the other side yet they are somehow shocked when people on the right say things about politicians on the left. Gotta love partisan politics.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It's hilarious that all they can do is try to insult Dick Cheney. They can't tackle the content of his message so they have to use insults as a crutch.