1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DFW Golf Course Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Kilgore Trout, Apr 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I am going to be in the DFW area in a few weeks and want to get a game togather with a few of my friends but none of them know the local courses. I would like to keep green fees w/ cart under $50 (weekend rate). Also i will be staying in either downtown Ft. Worth or Arlington and would like to keep the drive time under 30 minutes or so. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. deepellumrocket

I'm a big fan of the Dallas city courses because they are all well-maintained and very affordable. Weekend green fee w/cart will run you right around $30.

Tennison Park - Just East of downtown. Two courses, The Glen and the Highlands. The Highlands was recently renovated, so they charge more for this one, I think about $50 weekend w/cart, but it's super-nice from what I hear. I've played the Glen several times and like it a lot. Not overly long, but a challenging layout, with a creek that runs through the course and somehow always manages to run along the right-hand side of the fairway on every hole it touches, so if you slice much it can be trouble.

Keeton Park - East from Downtown to Jim Miller Road, then South. This is the one I've played the most. Solid, average-lenght course. Lots of trees on the first 5 holes, but it opens up after that. Lot of water on this course.

Stevens Park - In the Kessler Park section of Oak Cliff. Very short, but very fun course. Lots of hills and extreme doglegs to make up for the short length.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Forget the golf, what good "adult" entertainment places are there...;)

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Anyone else have any suggetions?