1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dez Bryant's horrific 'Ray Rice-style' video set to be released today, career in jeopardy

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 24, 2015.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8mm has like 20% on Rotten Tomatoes, but the first half of the movie was pretty good.

3. VanityHalfBlack

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

5. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Definitely sounds bad and Bryant should be suspended for some games when the video comes out, but 5x worse than Rice? Sounds like he was only dragging her from one car to the other. He didn't knock her out then drag her.

I guess we'll eventually see.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

2 people like this.
  8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

You should fill out a deposition. You might be a key witness.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( prayers

10. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Shock and outrage I'm sure. You're never really ready for these things.

11. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

lol...I've never met him but I have met his mother. I know I'm gossiping but the bad things you may have heard about her was not exaggerated. I mean she's not all bad. She can be personable and nice..but she had a bad childhood and then she repeated the cycle with Dez.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

These idiots better release this HORRIFIC video quickly before people start to lose interest....which I think is already happening. Certainly is in my case.

13. J Hard

J Hard Member

How predictable.

Dez has been praised all year by the cowgirls about what a great young man and team leader Dez has grown in to.

Fast forward to the off season and they try to tear down his character and negotiating power by using this bush league tactic. Typical and predictable.

Never mind that this happened 4 years ago, it's glossed over and hidden for the cowgirls and jerry jones sake.

But now this stuff surfaces? Bush league, disgusting antics by this 'organization'
    Tony Romo gets PAID after a suspect season with no questions asked, yet Dez, a top 2 WR in the game can't be paid like it?

Predictable garbage that sadly is no surprise. Keep ya head up Dez, just make these low lifes pay more in the long run.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

4 years late, I guess you miss the point entirely. Typical.

This "HORRIFIC" video should have been released back when it first happened.

Shows the cowgirls organization doesn't care about a woman being allegedly abused. Not surprised you have no clue about the big picture.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still no video? Shocker!!!

16. Major

Major Member

Nothing here seems accurate. There's no reason Rob Ryan is going to know if there's a tape or not. What does being the best receiver in football even have to do with anything? That part doesn't even make any sense.

And it's been apparent that Dez would be franchise-tagged for a while, so I'm not sure how this really hurts him in the short term. They have plenty of time to work out a long-term deal if they want, and by then, this will either have come to light or blown over. This doesn't really hurt his negotiating leverage.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I laughed at this:

"That's a bunch of bull," Ryan told us ... "Dez is an awesome guy. He's a great competitor and probably the best receiver in football."

Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice were also great competitors and (relatively speaking) some of the best guys in football.

He was trying to defend Bryant but failed to speak to anything relevant. There's more in life than football.

18. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

This story certainly fizzled. I hope like hell the Cowboys didnt do this to gain leverage on him but nothing would surprise me. If I'm not mistaken wouldn't his salary be around $14M if he is franchised? Not the long term contract he wants but still enough money to last a long time if he stops buying cars for his Lufkin posse.

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don't think they would want to associate their star player with domestic violence.

20. Nero

Nero Member

The team certainly has not saved any $$ because of this story. They just tagged him and are still in negotiations, so at minimum, he is one expensive hombre for one more year at least.