1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dez Bryant's horrific 'Ray Rice-style' video set to be released today, career in jeopardy

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 24, 2015.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

He could knock out an elderly woman on crutches in the Walmart parking lot, take her stuff, and then give the stuff to kids whose parents were lost in a car accident, only to learn the kids where all over age and did not qualify for federal funds or gifts, and thus the act of kindness is nullified and left vacant and all that is left if the beat down of the old woman and re-gifting. The latter of which has real teeth in the court of public opinion.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Regarding the Dez Bryant video/non-video, <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter">@AdamSchefter</a> said on ESPN 1000 today that he's been working on the story for a long time.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/570651908794224640">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Nero

Nero Member

A 4-year-old video will probably not have the impact that the 'current-events' type videos of Rice, etc. Especially if it is apparent that this is surfacing as a result of someone grubbing for money.

Bryant had serious temper and anger management issues at that time, everyone knows that. But he has risen above it the last few years, and there have not been any incidents, at least none which hit daylight, and given the predatory nature of the media and all the websites who live to grasp at this sort of thing, one could probably safely assume that this is just a part of his past, and will probably be a story for a while, but not anything career-threatening.

We'll see.. If it's current, and violent toward a woman, or just something awful, and it is clear that he is a dangerous dude NOW, then cut him and ban him, I don't care if it kills the Cowboys or not.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK, this is an alleged video of an incident in a Walmart parking lot. It's supposedly part of a "shakedown" attempt from two former "associates" that have been "cutoff" from the Dez Financial Network. Right now, it's smelling like that episode last year of Jerral Jones and the girl in that bathroom picture whose lawsuit "went away" after an undisclosed amount of cash changed hands.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

6. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Is it me or does it sounds like Schefter did not really confirm anything? He has heard of the video and has been working on the story for a long time. He has not seen it. That is all I got from that. I do think there is something out there but damn it would take a lot to be 5 times worse than Ray Rice.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dez Bryant video will reportedly be released later on today, per source</p>&mdash; NFL Access (@NFL_Access) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_Access/status/570662218284601345">February 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Reaction of Cowboys fans to the news:

1. Denial and Isolation: the video does not exist.
    2. Anger: whoever is putting the video out is money-hungry and pathetic.
    3. Bargaining: even if Dez did something despicable he has changed and should be forgiven.
    4. Depression: ______________________________
    5. Acceptance: ______________________________

We haven't quite made it to 4 or 5--though it will reportedly happen today... Cowboys fans want to throw out the "Dez had anger issues but is different now and should be forgiven" just in case the video appears. No one else in the country will be ready to forgive him if this was a heinous crime. This couldn't have happened to a better franchise.

9. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

If it is a Parking Lot video, it is going to be low quality. Even if you can see a woman getting beat up, it may be difficult for anyone to prove it was Dez.

...assuming he didn't get into some super-car with plates that say Dez 88 afterwards.

The fact that the vid still has not been sold/released yet may indicate just that. Something this juicy would have already been scooped up by TMZ should there be anything incriminating on it. Its what they do.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The hot takes will sustain me

11. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

please take this for fwiw...

Have a friend of a friend with connections to the Cowboys, via a sports talking head in dallas...

-Supposedly just like you said, it is a wal-mart security video.

-And likewise, It is a former member of Dez's posse

-The Cowboys covered it up, and that is where the biggest hammer will come down. Now there are only still shots of the video.

-The pictures are supposedly being auctioned off right now.

and please take this info for what its worth. Probably not even breaking or shocking news to anyone. Just got this info from a good friend of mine and figured some would find it interesting

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Walmart should self distribute the video and title it Dezzie does Dallas

1 person likes this.
  13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

also Dez supposedly admitted it all to the cowboys after it happened

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Member of his posse? Hommie, his mom, fluffer, stripper thot? More deets please

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It will just depend on how bad it is. If it's 4 years ago and it's just a slap to a woman it's not going to matter.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If it's 2010, was it before or after he was drafted?

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Posse was the word i was given lol. Pretty sure that implies, just as Hillboy said, a member of his original financial team. As in those friends that pro athletes often have around them.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dez's most recent tweet now deleted:

Dez Bryant @DezBryant
    I need to get me a real raw uncut tv show or something ... I can't continue to get betrayed like this..

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The guys extorting him did this kind of backwards.

Wait until the Cowboys give him a giant signing bonus THEN threaten the release of the video... don't do it while he's on his rookie contract. Dummies.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I wonder if the NFL could even enforce a punishment given how long ago this was. Would merely be damaging towards his brand, as I'd assume the Cowboys still pay him.