1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dez Bryant Arrested...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by 713, Jul 17, 2012.

1. 713

713 Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...las-cowboys-arrested-domestic-violence-charge

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Dez needs to

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. macho87

macho87 Member

Before last season, a cowboy fan I work with told me how this guy was about to break out and become better than AJ. hahaha

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

So did his own family call the cops on him? Thats ****ed up.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, you wouldn't expect a battered wife to call the cops on her husband?

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Maybe he was just mad that his mom is a prostitute ???

I'd be too

1 person likes this.
  7. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Suspend him

8. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

no... this is better

[​IMG]

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

How could somebody hit their own mother? That's messed up.

10. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

This.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dear Lord,

Thank you for sending the great city of Houston a receiver that isn't clinically insane yet has tons of talent.

Amen

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dez should cut her off financially and never see her again if he feels he has to push her around. It's not like she was the model mother to him. I have read their relationship is more like siblings than it is mother-son.

Dez is an idiot...no doubt...and a suspension is coming. This guy could be a big bust before it is all over...just cause he doesn't know how to grow up apparently.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's trash

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nice string of arrests for the NFL here.

Eric Wright
    Adrian Peterson
    Dion Lewis
    Elvis Dumervil
    Marshawn Lynch
    Dez Bryant
    Robert Quinn
    Kenny Britt

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

From what I heard at the time was that he had shoved her. Now that I see it was much more serious, I understand.

I assumed he might have shoved her, and she just wanted some $$$. She doesn't have the cleanest past.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

his mother doesnt want to press charges against Dez

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...t-to-press-charges?module=HP11_headline_stack

The mother of Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant doesn't want to pursue an assault case against her son, according to The Associated Press.

Dez Bryant potentially faces an NFL or team suspension for his weekend arrest. Gregg Rosenthal writes that a decision is not cut and dry. More ...
    Bryant was arrested July 16 on a charge of misdemeanor family violence following an altercation with Angela Bryant. Dez Bryant allegedly slapped his mother in the face with a ball cap and ripped her clothing while grabbing her.

A Dallas County district attorney's spokeswoman told The AP that the case DeSoto (Texas) police filed against Bryant includes an affidavit of non-prosecution from the complainant. The affidavit means the complainant doesn't want to proceed.

The DA still can choose to pursue action against Dez Bryant, but Angela Bryant's affidavit likely would end any plans for prosecution. KXAS-TV in Dallas-Fort Worth reported the DA might speak with her about her decision.

If the charge does go away, it wouldn't necessarily clear Dez Bryant of trouble with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Bryant still might be disciplined under the NFL's far-reaching personal-conduct policy. This was Bryant's first arrest since coming into the NFL, but he has been involved in other highly publicized incidents that Goodell could take into consideration.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member