1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dexter Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YourSecretLover, Jul 24, 2010.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Dexter is so ****ed.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Whoever directed this episode messed up somewhere.

It's not clear whether Liddy got a picture of Dex and Lumen throwing the bags overboard, or just getting onto the boat.

The last film frame of Dex and Lumen talking on the boat is the exact first still shot on Liddy's camera. But the time stamps from that shot and the pictures of them boarding the boat are only a minute apart. Doesn't make sense.

Plus, did they really not go out far enough so that Liddy can get a shot of them? Doesn't seem like Dexter.

3. MingMingDynasty

Today's episode was amazing from beginning to end. Dexter beating up that dad was awesome. Peter Weller has been way underused this season, but was such an incredible dick in his lone scene. Hope Chase dies soon because not all that menacing or threatening.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I didn't get how Quinn all of a sudden didn't care about Dex after what Peter Weller showed him. I mean you go from being obsessed to not giving a crap?

Also how did Chase find out about the blood sample from his vile? I didn't quite get it...how could Dex mess up the one thing he is best at, writers seemed to just throw that in there so something could come out of it, didn't like that.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Because he has fallen for Deb since then, I thought that was pretty obvious. He doesnt care anymore because he loves her and that is the most important thing to him now.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I got that he has fallen for her, but he's still a detective, I just don't get how you can just put off evidence as incrimating as that. Just me being picky about how I thought his character would have reacted.

Do you know how Chase found out about Dex with the blood sample?

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Doesn't matter much who or what you are before you fall in love. It changes a man and his priorities in a snap. In his current situation, is it really in Quinn's best interest to expose the fact that Dexter is leading a double life? He could kiss his relationship with Deb goodbye whether his hunch panned out or not, so why not just drop it? It's not as if Kyle Butler is wanted for murder. He's just a person of interest.

As for the vile mishap, I'm not quite sure about that myself. From what I understood, Dexter was careful to use a needle with a gauge so small it would go unnoticed. I guess we're left to assume that a drop somehow still made its way out and onto Jordan's finger...?

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm not sure about the blood sample, I'm sure it will be answered in the next episode, they never leave something like that open. I'm sure Dexter will do his inner monologue and question what mistakes could he have made. He will realize it and reveal it to the audience like usual, at least that is what I expect to happen.

1 person likes this.
  9. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I get your point, but the hunch has become a good bet that he's the killer of his own wife. If he really cares for Deb, he's going to look out for her best interest, who knows, maybe Dex kills Deb, he doesn't know what his rules are. The Kyle Butler sketch was one lead, now he has pictures of Dexter dumping boxes at 3am into a river with some strange woman. It was never the Kyle Butler lead that had Quinn on Dex;s a$$ in the first place, but rather the murder statistic about the husband usually being the wife's killer. I got how in the last episode he wanted to get rid of the investigator for Debra, it made sense at that point, but now with those pictures, I thought it would be game, set, match. But, that's just me.

Yeah I hope they do mention something about the vile cause it made no sense to me as well. But I really think they want us to believe that some blood was left outside the vile and ended up on his thumb. I like the show because they pay attention to detail, hope they arn't losing it, cause last week I didn't get how cameras in the hotel did not catch Chase's head of security walk into his death bed.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I liked today's episode a lot. This is all closely leading up to the climax of this season which is going to be awesome. I'm glad he patched things up with his step-daughter and now that Jordan Chase knows about everything.... how it will all pan out. The investigator is also really close to cracking stuff... the season started a bit slow... but its back to being Dexter again.

11. MingMingDynasty

As has been stated, Quinn is not exactly the most honest cop. He prolly thinks that Dex knew more about Trinity than he let on, but he cares more about getting some Debra ass than whatever shenanigans Dex is up to. Besides, Dex is so well liked and protected by Miami PD that it's almost pointless to go after him unless there is some serious evidence linking Dex to murder. If its drugs, Quinn would probably just want in on the profits.

Robocop is so awesome. Loved the beer line and him eating friend chicken and drinking tequila at 8am.

12. trustme

trustme Member

I think it's safe to assume that when Dexter stuck the needle in and pulled it out, it created some sort of hole for the blood to seep out, or maybe even left some blood residue at the opening. And when Chase held it you can see his index finger right at the top where the needle was inserted from. I'm assuming that blood got on his finger or maybe even some leaked out of the opening when he was taking the necklace off the door (if you notice, he does it quite rashly so ask to shake all the blood inside) and as he place his finger at the top, it got on him.

/detective-like investigation of scene

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Well hot-damn.

IMO, unless this season has a serious clunker for an ending,

Season 2 >> Season 5 >>> Other seasons.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They've all been excellent. I thought season 3 started off slow, but had a decent payoff.

4,2,5(incomplete),1,3

15. RAY_GORDON_REID

Mike Vick has a better chance of owning a dog than Dexter has surviving the rest of the season.

16. YourSecretLover

anyone gotta link to the new episode?

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This **** just got intense... two more episodes left... can't wait for the finale.

18. A00man

A00man Member

The last five episodes have been great. The season started off slow, but I'm liking the build up with each episode. The next two should be intense!

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm going with...

5 (Pending)

Season 4 was incredible the way it ramped up in the last 5 episodes, and the way it ended. But the storyline from season 2, with Dexter's "secret stash" of bodies discovered, and with both Lundy and Doakes on his case...that was the best from start to finish...in my opinion, of course.

20. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

This season really picked up. I really love it now

Also my ordering right now is probably

4>1>5=2>3

Though I really gotta see how 5 ends. There was a big lull in the middle of the season, but I feel like that all set up for an awesome ending (Hopefully at least)