1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dexter Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YourSecretLover, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Seems like a season 5 teaser.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This could be interesting, Edward James Olmos playing a major role in the next season

along with Mos Def and Colin Hanks

http://tv.ign.com/articles/117/1170387p1.html

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just finished season 4.

******* that was an amazing season.

Even though I called
    Rita
    getting offed back in season 3.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Season 4 finale will probably be the pinnacle of the Dexter series, and one of the greatest tv season finales of all time. The way they did it was unexpected... at least to me.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wow, so I started watching Dexter last Monday and just finally finished the season 5 finale. What an amazing series!

The season 4 finale was definitely the most gut-wrenching moment in this whole series. My favorite story line always was Dexter's attempt to humanize himself through his love life. Rita was such an essential part to Dexter's transformation and I absolutely hate that they offed her.

To me, that was the peak of the series. I don't think anything can be as dramatic or series-changing as that. Not even Deb finding out about Dex's secret life. I'm still watching because it's a great show, but I feel they can no longer explore Dexter's humanity without his family, and that's a shame.

6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Rita's death was completely shocking, despite thinking it would happen eventually... it just never crossed my mind that it would happen at that point. I HATED Rita, it was aggravating seeing her on screen every few scenes... which I think was intentional. But she was what kept Dexter somewhat grounded in reality. I sat there, jaw wide open, with texts from friends watching flying in saying "DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?" or "WTF!?"...

It was just so... dark. Gruesome... wrapped up the Trinity Killer season with him getting the last laugh... made the final dialogue between Lithgow and Hall that much more powerful...

Still get chills when I watch that entire 5-6 minute stretch of the show.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Lithgow was so f***ing good.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Lithgow sent chills down my back at times...just an amazingly creepy performance.

Season 5 didn't even compare.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lithgow was amazing in season 4. Great final episode that I didn't see coming at all. I couldn't believe it.

Season 5 was barely watchable. I don't like Julia Stiles, the final episode made almost no sense, and was very disappointing. I hope the upcoming season sets the show back on the right track. If not, then they should end it now.

It has been a great series, and while I don't expect anything they do to ever match season 4, I hope they don't continue on the downward spiral of season 5.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Am I the only one who didn't mind season 5?

Julia Stiles didn't stand out, but I enjoyed Johnny Lee Miller's performance.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I felt season 5 was decent as a season. I think most people felt it should have gone in a different direction, particularly investigating Rita's death, Dexter's involvement in Trinity, and Dexter's character growth from Rita's death.

Unfortunately, it kind of ignored all of those. The writers set up a huge fallout from the finale of season 4 and instead of expanding on it, they went a different direction.

If it were season 6, people would probably have enjoyed it better. But as a continuation from season 4, it underwhelmed the potential. Still, put me in the camp that wishes Rita was still alive. She was hot, too. :(

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

From the season 5 trailer I was expecting an all out, non-stop cluster****. Compared to that, the reality was severely disappointing.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree largely with this, but also the last episode of the season sucked. The ending was ridiculous, and was a huge stretch as to how everything was wrapped up, and somehow everything was forgotten and everyone had fun time at the party.

Had they found a way to have a good conclusion it wouldn't have been as bad.

15. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Can't wait to Harrison.

He is a cute little ****er.

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Anything is better with Admiral Adama! I love the casting.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I agree the wrap-up of the last episode is too neat: For example, if I were Dexter, I don't know whether if I'd trust emotionally unstable Lumen to keep things quiet.

However, I can see how the producers of the show may want to just clear everything off the plate so they can start fresh in the next season.

18. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

I liked the moment when Debra asked Dexter if he was happy that it was all over. I hope that it's a sign of Debra finally realizing who he is.
    Jonny Lee Miller had some fine moments as Jordan Chase (the conversation between him and Dexter in the suite in ep.8 was terrific).

One thing that bothers me about Season 4 is Kyle Butler. Dexter had way too exposed himself. The writers had to settle on a weak explanation in Season 5 so that they wouldn't need to kill one of the leading characters (Quinn most likely).