1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dexter Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YourSecretLover, Jul 24, 2010.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think Dexter is able to save Lumen. They can't have another season end with his love interest being murdered again.

Lumen will definitely be the one that kills Chase. Previews show Dexter stabbing his feet and that is how they get him on the table for the classic kill.

I think Debra is pointing the gun at Lumen at the end. When she is saying "Don't move", its not Dexter she is pointing the gun at. Dex is seen dropping the knife, but I think thats earlier when Lumen tells Dex that she wants to kill Chase.

Debra will discover her vigilante in Lumen, and send her to prison. Don't know to what extent she will find out about Dex, but it won't be that much. That's what next season will be about.

Quinn has to be honest with the IAB and he should be able to get off. But that will dig deeper into Dexter. Everybody will know Liddy was hired to investigate Dex.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I started watching season 1 on Netflix 3 weeks ago and got caught up entirely on Saturday, just in time for yesterday's episode. Whew, was that an intense marathon! I'm totally hooked and can't wait for the season finale.

I don't think Deb is going to walk in on Dexter killing Jordan, but I do think she will catch either Lumen or Jordan in the act of killing someone and shoot one of them. Deb catching/shooting Dexter would be a series finale type of scenario.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I was thinking maybe Deb finds out it is Lumen (and maybe Dex too) but then just covers it up for them. She obviousy admires their acts.

Also, did I miss something or am I correct in that one of the Fuentes brothers is still alive? I wonder why they just went away from that as it morphed into the Deb scapegoat thing?

4. R0ckets03

There is no way Deb would just let Lumen and Dex go. The detective in her won't let her.

I don't remember what happened with the second Fuentes either...

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Well if she finds out it's Lumen then she will find out Dexter is her accomplice. She already thinks a man is helping her out.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Umm...yeah, I think you win.

7. Eps

Eps Member

bout time robocop got killed, that sneaky old coot.
    deb is gonna catch dext delivering the final blow to chase. :cool:

8. The Real Shady

Hopefully he'll comeback in robot form. Season 6 Robocop vs Dexter.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If Dexter gets away with all this then I think Lumen might give herself up to protect Dexter. She has strong emotional ties/Love for Dex and she might take the fall just to protect him. Deb finds Lumen taking out Chase and instead of turning over Dex she claims to be the only one involved. This leaves the door open for season 6 to be about Deb going after her accomplice which leads her to Dex. Not the ending I'd like but something TPTB might go with.

10. R0ckets03

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced its Lumen that Deb walks in on.

Could be Chase which would make it really really interesting.

Its definitely not Dex.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

It would just be weird for another love option of Dexters to go away. I didn't not think the writers woudl go that way but it is entirely possible. I buy the whole Deb tracking Dexter next year as entirely plausible and even likely so I guess it would be smart. And I guess Julia Stiles won't likely be back, so yea I can see Lumen taking the blame.

But I still it may come down to a decision by Deb to be an officer or a sister? Who knows what the writers will do.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Doubt Lumen will die, they did that last season.

But if Stiles is just a guest star, she'll probably take the fall and go to prison for Dexter.

I hate when they show previews for the next week, especially with a show like this, but I understand why they have to do it. Just reading this thread I've found out things I don't want to know.

13. The Real Shady

I can't see Dexter letting Lumen take the fall for him. I think he would be the type of guy who would say he was also involved if she got busted.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

My guess is Lumen doesn't get caught but leaves Miami. The can't afford to pay both Julia Styles and next season't guest star. My other guess it that Deb catches Dexter but lets him go.

15. lalala902102001

The finale episode is named "The Big One". I think this is the episode when Deb finds out about Dexter.

16. The Real Shady

It seems like they are setting that up by the way Deb said she thought it was "romantic" how she thinks a man is helping the last victim get revenge on the people who did this to her. I think Dexter can spin it as a way to also make himself feel better since someone killed Rita without having to come out and say he has always been a serial killer vigilante.

No telling what the writers will do though. It would be hard to top last seasons finale.

17. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

No mention of Quinn possibly taking the fall for Liddy's death? multiple phone calls to Quinn around his death, blood on Quinn's shoe? I guess that would take too long to develop with one episode left but it would be interesting to have Deb have to take down Quinn for it, thus leaving Deb losing another love interest in her life causing her to snap.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I think it's been mentioned, and even if it hasn't been, I think it's glaringly obvious...no?

19. YourSecretLover

Heres a couple of previews for tonights season finale for those who cant wait. Spoilers!

object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19q65xMN6Lo&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19q65xMN6Lo&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8RyE7m3GLm8&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8RyE7m3GLm8&hl=es_ES&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I saw MC Hall on Jimmy Fallon last week.

He was asked for a spoiler and said someone will die in the season finale.