1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dexter Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YourSecretLover, Jul 24, 2010.

1. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

It took all season, but things finally got a little exciting. I guess I got spoiled last season with the Trinity plot. Hope the finale is awesome.

1 person likes this.
  2. trustme

trustme Member

I really hope Lumen either dies or leaves Miami for good. Can't stand her. Plus, Dexter is so much cooler when he's working by himself.

1 person likes this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

This season has been a nice change of pace, we've never had a Lumen type character before (accomplice who is actually nice). My season ranking so far:

The pacing in season 2 was so frantic. Every episode it seemed Dexter had a new hole to dig himself out of, keeping Lundy and Doakes off his trail while juggling his family and Lila. 3 was by far the weakest.

4. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I thought the Liddy/Dexter bit was done poorly but perhaps the fallout in the finale will make up for that. I thought it might end up with Quinn walking in with Liddy about stab Dexter and shooting him or something and thus winning the trust of Deb.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Great episode last night, really enjoyed it. This brings up so much hype now for the finale (as Dexter always does).. I'm more interested in if quin goes away for some of this **** than what happens with the actual main plot of Jordan Chase. I know how they ended that preview of next weeks finale with deb possibly catching Dexter, but it's not going to happen.. it never does.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Yeah it won't happen, it would have to be the end of the show if it does. There are too many viewers currently for them to end production. Dex as usual will find some way of getting out of it....

7. RAY_GORDON_REID

They just re-upped the show for a sixth season, so the only possible "negative" that could happen to Dexter is Deb finding out the truth (as she did in the books.)

Personally, I think this will end like every other season with Dexter getting all the loose ends tied up and escaping scott-free.

I did wonder for a second last night why we are supposed to be rooting FOR Dexter to not get caught. After all, he is a killer and has never really proven himself to be a good guy.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You don't understand why we should root for a guy that avenges the murders of innocent victims?

9. ClutchCityReturns

I thought when Lumen left the video up on the computer that it was going to tip Quinn off that someone had been snooping around his place. Possibly still could, I suppose.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I thought this toward the end of last season and I got a stronger feeling after watching last night episode, I think the PTB are setting up a Dexter vs Debra chase to the end. The whole trust issue during their convo when they discussed Quinn and Dexter's convo with Lueman about his sis and never suspecting anything, all this is leading to a struggle between Deb and Dex and Deb having to make the ultimate choice.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it DOES happen. I predict Deb discovers Dexter next Sunday. the show almost never leaves a concept, idea, character out there too long, letting it get stale. I think after all this, Deb has to find out at this point. Doakes was getting so close to him in Season 2, they dealt with him and killed him off. he Rita relationship really started going nowhere, and she is killed off. I don't think Quin has been involved enough to be killed yet. I don't think there will be a major death, the only character I think may end up dead/gone is LaGuerta for some reason. I also wouldn't be surprised is Jordan Chase gets away because they have always ended up catching/concluded the year in the final episode. Maybe they switch it up and extend his role into next season. I say the show itself only has another season in it, 2 at the most, so something will be going down with Deb

Are you watching the same show that everyone else is?

Are you watching the same show that everyone else is?

12. RAY_GORDON_REID

The same guy who has broken his "code" numerous times? The show is built around the protagonist actually being the antagonist. Liddy was built as an atagonist (and rightly so), but he was doing the right thing in spying and uncovering the truth.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why is that the "right" thing? He was doing it purely out of selfishness, to get his job back. He could not care less about catching bad guys and making Miami a safer place. Dexter on the other hand has evolved into someone that does. He is helping Lumen because she needs help and he loves her. Completely pure intentions. He show draws a line between what is legal and what is right. What Dexter does is illegal, but his intentions are almost always right.

I'm not sure where you get that he has "never proven himself to be a good guy."

14. ClutchCityReturns

The code has been broken on occasion, but if the collateral damage of wiping out dozens and dozens of murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. is a few innocent people going bye bye, then I'm all for it.

Apparently that's where we differ.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Season four was the best television series season I've ever seen. Including The Wire, The Shield, etc. I thought the show had to go downhill from there -- left with the kids, it wouldn't quite be the same.

I was wrong.

This season is awesome.. I don't know how the writers do it week in and week out. But this has be to the best drama on TV now days.

I guess I know your stance on the death penalty then. ;)

#195 LongTimeFan, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  16. ClutchCityReturns

I go back and forth on the death penalty, but I lean toward life in prison instead. As an atheist, death is basically just an "OFF" button to me anyway.

17. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

My prediction- Dexter catches up to Chase, kills him before he kills Lumen, Lumen gets away, but Deb and Quinn catch Dexter in the act, and he gets sent to Jail.

The show from now on is about Lumen taking over Dexter's role, with Dexter being her Harry-like figure, guiding her from prison as much as he can.

:D

18. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I've been on a maraton, watching the last 8 episodes the past 4 days. This season is shaping up to be on the better ones. I'm glad to hear it's reupped another year, so we know Dexter isn't getting arrested or killed.

I think Deb has to find out. They've been grooming it all season long. She kills someone and isn't fazed (the crazy muerta killer). She's talked admiringly about the vigilantes taking these rapists down.

I'm way excited abotu the finale.

19. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

My take: Deb catches Dex & Lumen en flagrant delit, allows them to escape upon realizing they're the vigilante paramours... leaving next season for Deborah coming to terms w/who her brother is.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dumping the kids on the grandparents really cut the fat on the excess baggage.

Most of these criminals are beyond the justice system, so the vigilante aspect sounds appealing. It's easier to root for Dexter because we have access to his inner mind, but having a real life Dexter would be more disturbing.

I mean, how many times has Dexter obstructed justice in order to satisfy the dark passenger?