1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeVos Funded Chaos in Michigan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It is pretty prevalent even in the smallest of towns.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You mean the Conservatives are whipping up open-the-economy frenzy to help put pressure on the stay-at-home-and-be-safers so the latter can take the blame for economic chaos/

FAKE NEWS!!! You're a disgrace, what you just said, that's why your ratings are so low.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I have never met a single person who had a kid so they could collect $100 of food stamps per month. Maybe I should get out more.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Take a trip to Milwaukee

5. PeppermintCandy

Definitely the buck stops with the president, who should have and should be acting to contain this situation. But I think the problem also stems from this deep antipathy towards governmental powers felt by a large swath of the U.S. population. Maybe that's why at some point the need for quarantine and social distancing stops being discussed as a medical issue within certain circles. Rather, it is being framed as the latest example of the "deep state" trying to take away people's fundamental and constitutional rights.

Trump is just good in an extremely warped way at tapping into this social discontent and taking full advantage of it.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I say this as a fan, but you're slipping. Step your conservative troll game up. You're better than this. I've read better from you.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Astrodome likes this.
  8. biina

biina Member

Do not mistake a simple case of ignorance and arrant stupidity for social discontent.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. No Worries

Cheese Kurd Fest? Sign me up.

London'sBurning likes this.
  10. No Worries

Or is it mental distancing? You know the distancing people do between themselves and their brains.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the things I'm noticing from Trump supporters is claims that the death toll isn't as serious as being made out. I've seen few memes going around saying that the media and hospitals are faking things by having empty ambulances line up outside, using mannequins strapped into gurneys, and showing the same picture for multiple deaths.

Also that Hydroxychloroquine is the cure and it is being suppressed by the liberal media to not give credit to Trump.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How do you know?

What stats are you using?

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We got a protest in Minneapolis. Protesters are gathering at the Governor's mansion in St. Paul demanding he Liberate Minnesota.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good f-ing god.

On facetime with the in-laws today I swear they said "Chinese Virus" about 12 times. I swear Covid 19 is easier to fight than the virus in the brains of Trump supporters.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I am too. I had an attorney tell me that hospitals and doctors are lying about the death count to increase their power and that the doctors and Democrats are not pumping up hydroxychloroquine because they want to get the death numbers higher.

The same person informed me that he is still meeting with his friends several times a week and invited me to a quarantine dinner party this weekend.

It has gotten to the point of being depressing.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Of course there is. They will be all over and Fox News will call them patriots while the wealthy finding the protests laugh at them for doing their dirty work.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. No Worries

Sounds like someone who needs to be removed from the gene pool. Let natural selection run its course.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Wealthy, arrogant and extremely entitled.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Same in Austin today (sorry, can't link video)

https://www.fox7austin.com/video/674638

I wonder who is funding these other groups...

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, the Doctors have been hiding in the shadows just waiting for the time to make their power-play. And look at how well it's worked. The doctors have seized total control. Look at all the power they have now! Doctors and the immense power they wield now, are terrifying!

RayRay10, SamFisher and Nook like this.