1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deveney] Donatas Motiejunas suing Rockets and NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, May 12, 2017.

1. Lightsnowaction

As if we didn't have anything bad going on already.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

honestly doesn't sound like the rockets did anything wrong. i feel like most teams would renounce a player if he failed a physical. like you said, its business.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I agree with you entirely on that. I never onced accused the rockets of doing anything wrong. Dont turn it into a criminal vs victim situation or a good guy vs bad guy situation. I think you misunderstood what i posted as a "rockets suck and dmo is a victim post"

Most people sue organizations with money if they feel that they can cash out. My dad works personal injury and civil litigation so he represents both sides on this kind of stuff all the time.

There is no good guy or bad guy in this kind of scenario. No one is right and no one is wrong.

I dont judge the rockets for doing what they did or dmo for suing them. Its just business. So good luck to them and keep doing your thing lol. If you were dmo and thought you had a chance to cash out then you would. If you were rockets and wanted to protect your money then you would. It is all fair game.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

trying to get a last bundle of cash before he retires i guess

Ramo$e and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Mr. Motiejunas

@basketballholic tried telling y'all Dmo had his money no matter what. Yuv'Ceen #yulec

6. basketballholic

I'm.so.shocked.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He should sue - the way Detroit handled him destroyed his career. But his attitude wasn't exactly great either. He tried to force his way out of an RFA deal.

He will get a chunk of money and then disappear from NBA existence.

8. malakas

malakas Member

I don't see what he could sue for.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He can sue for whatever happened after the Rockets cut his matched deal to 31 million. I don't know if he has a real case.

rm365 and Huricane like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

D-Mo the biggest piece of **** right next to mr #bewell.

Dude signs with Pelicans and says he's happy to play for a team that'll finally use him properly. Averages 4.4 ppg. because Harden isn't there to dish him assists and he plays behind Boogie and AD. Now he knows he'll get nothing in the off-season so he wants to make a quick buck by sueing the Rockets. **** out of here.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What an unneeded distraction. Donuts should return to Europe and open a Dunkin' Donuts franchise.

mikol13 and J.R. like this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He tried to play games with them ivy league boys but he only had BJ on his team. What he lost in money he earned in life lessons.

oakdogg likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

A rare rebound from him

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He failed to report for the matched Nets contract. We renounced that contact for failure to report, and he became an RFA. There was no physical until he signed the second one. Of course, the renounce, then becoming RFA, then signing the new contract all happened in the same meeting. But I took that as meaning we were going to renounce him regardless, based on "exercising his rights" to not show for the mandatory physical.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

D.Mo closer and closer to play in China...

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, this is already wrapping up? How long ago did he sue?

Barkley will be pissed if he gets money from Les. "Les should be giving ME that money."

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

A wild D-Mo thread appears!

francis 4 prez likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DMO s missing 4 million dollars went to Barkley for his missing 4 million dollars

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

20. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

You know how Carl Landry was screwed over by morey and the rockets? He dealt with it like a man and not a pu$$y like this unaccomplished entitled little punk. He mishandled his FA from A-Z.

Donatus screwed donatus. Real men take accountability and misfortune like a man.