1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deuce is loose in the ATL - "Behind The Rockets Bench" - Rockets/Hawks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

Dude, I was at that game!

A friend and I went 30 minutes early by way of MARTA and froze our asses off trying to buy tickets off the scalpers.

Well, the deal is that they usually will sell good seats for cheap. But this game was actually sold out so they were charging more. My friend was like haggling, and the gentlemen were getting agitated. One of them said "Man. Can't you see we be hustlin' out here? Get the F--- outta here. If you don't get the F--- outta here I'm gonna shoot you dead right there."

Well, we eventually got some crappy upper deck seats. Great 4th quarter comeback though, and I screamed my voice out. Well worth the drama, and the 10 dollar chicken sandwich.

Duece - You from ATL? We should hit up a game sometime.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nomar, glad you finally got in. Amazing that it WAS a sellout! I have been watching Hawks games on TV all year and the stands have been barren! I guess the weekend combined with Yao being there really brought out the fans.

I am not from Atlanta. I live in Savannah GA, which is about 4.5 hours away. The only reason I went to the game was to see the Rockets. Hopefully next year I will see them again. Although next year I might also consider a road trip to see the Rockets in Charlotte against the Bobcast. Charlotte looks to be about as far away as Atlanta. We'll see! At least I have a game I can savor for a year! :)

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Deuce - Great post. If there was an MVP for fans, you should win. Great insights, observations about the team.

4. aries323

aries323 Member

Great Recap Deuce... sounds like you had yourself a ball at the game. :D

5. CCB

CCB Member

A late thanks across the Pacific! I enjoy your post very very very...much. A regret that you don't live in Houston.:)