1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Detroit and Orlando picks

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SooneRockStro, May 15, 2000.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Does anybody know when teams have to decide whether to give us their picks or not this year? This would also be the same deadline we have with Vancouver to give them a pick or wait until a following year. We have an oppurtunity to get 4 first rounders this year I think, so it could be interesting to see if Rudy would trade them to move up

------------------

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe the deadline is this Sunday ... meaning they must decide whether or not to convey any picks owed before the lottery.

Article at the official Rockets site called <a href="http://www.nba.com/rockets/draft_feature000512.html">Feeling Out the Draft</a>, Rockets director of player personnel Dennis Lindsey says the Rockets don't believe they'll get any additional picks this season, but they prepare just the same:

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

3. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Oh, good. So we'll know in less than a week.

4. JT

JT Member

A lot of it could hinge on other teams conveying first round picks to Orlando or Philadelphia. If a team that owes them a pick pays up this year (and there are several that owe Orlando a pick) they could in turn ship that pick to the Rockets to fulfull their obligation.

------------------

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I hope the Rocks don't get the Detroit pick this year because they will start to suck and might have to give us a lottery pick. They have this draft and 2 more to give us their pick. It is their pick though right? If they can give us any pick then there goes my plan, but if it has to be their own pick then their is a good chance they will suck majorly.

------------------