1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Desus and Mero fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah I know their working conditions at Vice weren't good, but they really were at their best then. They also had less filter and made a lot of jokes they probably couldn't get away with now. The deleted podcast episode where they make fun of Eminem's album is classic.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Working conditions?

The set at Vice was 10 times better IMO and I bet they did pretty much anything they wanted.

I understand they went for the bag which I can't be mad at but the soul of the show they left behind at Vice.

Anyway, this is a tale as old as time, when real money gets involved and people get in their feelings.

3. Poloshirtbandit

They were asked to do something like 160 episodes with no writers at Vice.

jiggyfly and DreamShook like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think with what they were doing you can have writers but they did have staff and I am sure they had people who fed them stories so it's not like they were doing it on their own.

The beauty of that show and them was that it was off the cuff and stream of thought, if they were depending on writers at showtime it explains why it was not as good.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.