1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Destin, florida

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HPD, Jun 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

this was another place (we never go to chains). It was a very small place over the water. I'll have to ask my dad (he lives in Pensacola and used to go there a lot) and get back to here. The food at this place was pretty good.

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

3. droxford

droxford Member

Hey HPD

Let me know what conditions are like at Destin - how is the seaweed situation?

I saw this report from Pensacola on June 3rd and I'm considering booking a condo in Destin, but I don't wanna do it if the seaweed is so bad. (Galveston is covered in it)

4. HPD

HPD Member

Arrived 3 pm. The Alamaba tunnel was bad....Destin traffic is heavy...there is seaweed but its translucent.....cant believe all the Texas vehicles out here.....

5. droxford

droxford Member

I've contacted a condo owner, awaiting his reply, so that we can book a condo. I'm hoping the seaweed isn't too bad. Keep us updated!

6. dragician

dragician Member

how's the babes so far there?

7. HPD

HPD Member

Yes the talent is a good mix, 20 sumthings, MILFs, and cougars.....even the Publix has azz

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Post a pic of the beach conditions? Interested to see how translucent the seaweed is this time of the year

9. HPD

HPD Member

Ate at McGuire's Irish Pub. Awsome...money hanging all over walls...did the mcquires spcl drink...Irish Wake only could drink 2 and a 1/2 drinks... Too strong they only allow u to order 3. After ur drink. u keep the glass

Also pompano joes. Right on the beech. Really good staff. Waiter compt me a beer he was from kingwood. He loved my rockets throwback sam cassell jersey i was wearing...

Then hit the Brewsters.for ice cream....very refreshing....

Seaweed not as bad as days earlier...really doesnt bother u.

10. droxford

droxford Member

Hey HPD!

Can you give a summary of your Destin trip?

Stuff that was great?
    Stuff that's great?
    Activities you did?
    Seaweed bad/tolerable/none existent?
    Weather?
    What you'd do different/next time?
    What to pack/not to pack?
    Other suggestions?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Going over there next weekend for the first time. The pelican resort nearby big kahuna. Amped up ready to **** b****es and be a sickkunt brehs.

12. droxford

droxford Member

We were there two weeks ago. Water was beautiful! There was a small amount of sargassum, but it was quite acceptable. Had a great time. Wear strong sunblock.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yes you did hijacked.... galveston? not even close

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Anybody know how long it would really take to drive there? Any stops worth stopping at?

15. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Just drove home from there yesterday... Was about 9 to 10 hours roughly depending on traffic. Traffic is horrible around the Alabama tunnel so go on Highway 90 when you see bad traffic on Google maps. We found an awesome sandwich place called American heroes between Pensacola and Destin.... I highly recommend... Really good stuff! Destin was so beautiful when we were there all last week.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._American_Heroes-Navarre_Florida.html#REVIEWS

2 people like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How long did you stay and where?

any beach specifically I should stop at? Henderson, san destin, miramar, panama city beach.

17. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

We stayed at a rental house from vrbo in Miramar beach for the full week. It is not as crowded as Destin itself but just as nice.

18. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

I just got back from there this week. The Sandestin Golf and Beach resort is awesome. The buildings by the beach have fantastic views, the restaurants and activities at the resort are excellent. I would very highly recommend this place to anyone going there.

19. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

If you have kids definitely stop at the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola - ITS FREE and well, well worth the time. Easily the best airplane museum I've ever seen. Its huge and has a LOT of things to see. Don't judge by any pictures you see, because I've never seen any pictures that do it justice.

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org