1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Despite having the worst coaching staff in history of mankind, we are still 4-4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 14, 2012.

1. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Lmao. Haven't seen those Busty Morris posts lately from those great talent analyzers on CF

2. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Dumb thread that takes things out of context. Yeah 4-4 is bad, it's another 14th lotto pick. With better coaching and better use of LinHarden we could probably be 5-3 or even 6-2 righ tnow.

1 person likes this.
  4. tofu--

tofu-- Member

This.

I think we can be 6-2 and that is a result of our poor coaching. The guys deserve all the credit in the world for playing their nuts off most of the time-- the staff don't.

2 people like this.
  5. MKL

MKL Member

Yeah, didn't we have a poll that said we'll start 3-7 ?

Where are all you tank commanders?

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Yes, our record should actually be better than it is now. I predicted before the season that this team would make the playoffs. Our players play hard, are generally underrated, and, with the late addition of Harden, have enough talent. If the coaching staff wasn't inexplicably playing away from the Lin-Harden tandem's strengths, waiving a better PG to play a scrub, and making other coaching mistakes, then we would be a solid playoff team, like 3-6 seed, instead of fighting for the 9th seed again like we are now.

1 person likes this.
  7. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

He did that today, and made things worse!

If anything he should just chill and relax, recover more and just let things come...

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I think it's all because of the posters here, who called Delfino, Douglas, and Morris useless c**p. That just started a fire under them, motivated them to play well.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

The coaching staff is not the best but they're CERTAINLY not the worst. You can blame them for some of the offensive problems, but you also have to factor in the inexperience of the team & their lack of chemistry because they've barely played together.

You also cannot sit there and blame the coaches for all of the offensive problems while giving them zero credit for the above average defense that the Rockets are playing. That's just hypocritical and pure cognitive dissonance.

Lastly, it's STUPID to be whining about mediocrity when the Rockets are the youngest, least experienced, and most transformed team in the NBA. They have a ton of room for improvement and if they have a mediocre .500ish season, then that bodes extremely well for the future.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I thought the coaching has actully been better since Mchale has gone out /shrug

11. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

We have double digit leads in many of the games. Somehow, the team always manage to squander it. Can't understand why Asik is never in the game late. The opposition always seem to have an easy time in the paint late in the game.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I did notice this as well. I'm not sure why the allergy to having Asik in, late in games. His FT shooting seems to have improved so that he's not a big liability in that area. We could use his rebounding and defensive presence.

There ARE coaching problems going on, I won't deny that. Whether they amount to an extra win, I don't know. Again I don't think the coaching is terrible, it's not great, but it's not terrible. To go 4-4 with this team is pretty good.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

So when Denver, Memphis, and Miami squandered their big leads towards the end of the game against us, do they also have horrible coaches?

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

The less coaching is involved, the better we play.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

You really believe that talent-for-talent, for this year, we are one of the top-6 teams in the west? Seriously? Assuming top-2 goes to 2 of OKC/LA/SA, we are literally as talented as the Nuggets, Grizzlies, and the Clippers? :eek::eek::eek:

And I thought I was a homer.

16. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

So you agree with not letting asik close?

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh. Certain signs of homerism about the level of talent on the roster. We have an all-star, a defensive presence in the paint, a passable SF, a power forward combination that would only get starter minutes on about three other teams in the NBA, and a PG who is playing at his worst. So how do you equate that lineup with a 6-2 record and a 3-6 seed?

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

So you believe that a coaching staff taking a brand new, never played together, 2nd youngest team in the NBA(weighted by minutes played) to a .500 record in their first 8 games is a bad job.

Does this mean Morey is the most awesome GM ever? Dude put together a playoff caliber team by ditching his entire .500 roster from the year before. And did so with their ages all under 26(except 1).

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Are you perfect at your job? Do you make the correct decision, when reviewed in hindsight, at every task you perform?

20. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

please i'm begging on my knees

HIRE A OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT COACH!