1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshone Kizer = Brock Osweiler

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if they have a specific player targeted, don't get cute at the most important position, draft him in round 1

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Here's the thing Peter is alluding to:

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Wait... does whoever this guy is think that 7 years ago was "recently"? I loathe this kind of flaccid dot-connecting when it comes to the draft. If you have a Spurrier-like system that's been in place for decades and you can pinpoint a pattern, fine. But Kizer has about as much to do with Montana as he does Clausen. None of them were coached by Kelly.

It's far more often the coach and/or system - not the school - that can have a dubious track record.

Sooty and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Kizer making excuses?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would just take Kizer with our first rounder rather than trading a bunch of picks to move up.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

"An inconsistent QB..." sounds like he is taking responsibility and not just making excuses.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

hence the ? mark lol. I thought he was blaming the coach and players more but yea it sounds like him also

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah and I was just answering your question.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It's cool; I am not angry or anything like that

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Kizer has never struck me as a prima-donna, but it has been funny watching the anonymous scouts paint him as such.

"Why did you go 4-8" is a tough question to answer for a draft prospect. Truth is what he said -- a lot goes in to a team being 4-8, not just the QB. That said, without seeing the actual context, the "inconsistent QB" to me meant BK swapping him and Zaire out all spring and fall and a few games in to the year, not his own play. But I didn't see the video to tell.

11. Mr. Clutch

It would be funny if we avoid Kizer just because he reminds us of Brock.

Just like we avoided Derek because he's too much like David.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I still don't see how Kizer reminds you of Brock. Trubisky reminds me more of Brock than Kizer does.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Too much like David...'s last name. There's no one left in the building that would have had any experience scouting both David and Derek. I think they were worried Houston would be a bad environment to try and nurture a QB named Carr.

texans1095 likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

He doesn't, I was just working under the premise of the thread

Nimo likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Matt Miller has us getting Bolles but interesting note here about Kizer:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-draft-matt-millers-final-7-round-predictions

16. Fantasma Negro

I fell in love with Kizer about two weeks ago and have been trying to shoehorn inception him into everyone's heads. Guys he is the best qb in this draft, I know he's cocky but all good qbs are cocky. He has the same cannon arm Mahomes has but he played in a pro style offense and has more control and accuracy. Plus they have all the inside information on him they need from Fuller. Bo'B is playing his cards close and smoke-screening with Mahomes but Kizer fits so well it makes too much sense. I think Texans brass told him if he's there they'll take him and he went out to make sure he was there at 25, I'm 100% convinced the "Brady brain, Newton body" remark was a wink to Bo'B through the media

Sooty and houstonstime like this.
  17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I see your reasoning.. Been saying for a while that while I like Mahomes, a part of me wants Kizer.. 2 years ago he was thought of as the best QB in this class, then had a bad year last year. What did he have 2 years ago? A killer deep threat in Will fuller and a strong center in Nick Martin handing him the ball. Funny they are both here.

Question is, can we trade up in the 2nd and get him? or do we need to take him in the first? If BOB believe he is THE guy, then you get him in the first.

Sooty and Fantasma Negro like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kizer is a polished interviewer and talker just like Brock "I'm going to study film all week" Osweiler. Wouldn't mind Kizer though. Dig deep into his numbers and they aren't that bad last year.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I love Kizer, ND didn't have the skilled positions stocked and it showed. Kizer could surpise.

Sooty likes this.