1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Right .. you cold play hardball.

Teams hardly ever win those battles with QBs .. any other position player sure.

I think Deshaun has been advised that his worth on the free agent market and his brand across other NFL regions just seems to resonate further and lead to more money if he were to get away from Houston and more specifically Bill OBrien and all the "what the hell are they thinking" moments.

I'd hate to have to deal with an unhappy Watson with his social media following bashing anything Houston for a year or two.

If he doesnt want to be here, dont commit. Bill OBriens MO should be to deal him ASAP once those sentiments become more clear right?

2. raining threes

Improvement

The last six games of the season would give me pause before I handed out a big contract to Watson. That and no team has won a SB with their QB taking up more than 15% of the cap. The Texans org needs to learn from other orgs mistakes.

I actually like how the Chiefs org set up Mahomes contract. Cheap the first three years (Giving them the chance for more rings) then the contract and hopefully the cap goes up post Covid-19 and they can compete for more championships. A very fair deal for both sides.

3. raining threes

?

4. raining threes

He most certainly is, although 2009 Schaub had the best season of any Texans QB.

Still doesn't mean Watson is currently playing anywhere near a championship level right now.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hakeem didnt want to be here either, things changed, he stayed and the rest was glorious history. Hopefully the same applies to DW.

6. raining threes

Good news

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Interesting.

So if Watson comes out this year with the best 6 games of his life and then normalizes does that even out the 6 skiddish games from the end of the 2019 REGULAR season that some folks have applied a death grip to - I mean I dont hear all the Watson homers cherry picking his historic rookie year to make a point... Did everyone forget about the Buffalo game? The 51-7 KC run was all on Watson?

SMH.

Watson is for sure a franchise QB capable of winning a SB, but it appears if you like listening to rumors that he doesnt want to do that for this city/team. So you have to let him go.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Best qb this city has ever had besides Warren Moon.

9. raining threes

The 3 yrs is basically the same length of time before Mahomes deal gets expensive. Watson wants his money in those 3 years and no cheap years tacked on.

Compare to Mahomes deal, 3 cheap years and then it gets expensive. Watson's deal is expensive for 3 years then he's gone. I wouldn't expect any Lombardi's down on Kirby in the next three years with the Chiefs having this advantage and Mahomes being the better QB.

10. raining threes

I certainly dont blame Watson for 51-7, I blame the entire Texans org. for that.

Cal/BOB/Watson/Crennel/the guy who washes the jocks. That was failure at the highest order and I would've fired everybody including trading Watson/Nuk. This team is lacking leadership, because with leadership, (you know the type Mahomes showed) 51-7 would never happen.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Do you think Deshaun Watson wins a SB for KC if he was drafted by them and would Mahomes have won a SB for us in a reversed role with all the talent being as it has been for both teams?

Im going to be one of those guys chomping on the popcorn when Mahomes contract requires tough roster cuts and then he becomes irate and wonders why its so hard to win in the NFL.

KC had a perfect storm form for them.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Chiefs have a better Front Office and Coach than the Texans do. The organizational structure is dysfunctional and that's ownership. Period. The guy who signs the checks makes the rules.51-7 is on Cal & he's doubled down on by promoting King Billy Bob.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Which QBs played at "Championship Level" last year? Just Curious...

14. raining threes

Mahomes did/Rodgers

15. raining threes

Hard to say this, I think BOB's had a great 1st yr as GM.

Did you like this years draft? He did also add necessary talent that was missing on the OL.

16. raining threes

Nope I dont think if the roles were reversed DW4 would have done as well as Mahomes has. Mahomes set the bar very high in his two years of starting. AFCCG/SB championship.

17. HardenVolumeOne

Watson was better than Rodgers in 2019 by almost every advanced metric. Watson grades well in PFF and football outsiders as well.

18. showa13

showa13 Member

So due to the 51-7 loss, you’re willing and ready to completely tear everything down and be bad for the foreseeable future?

19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

DW4 is a top 3 QB in the NFL he deserves every penny he gets whether it be from the Texans or someone else.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I wouldn't say great. BTW,
    Shouldn't he had been looking at QB? According to you they don't have one. The defense could struggle this year. I'm not sold on the RBs or the WR core staying healthy. Plus they lack a guy who can win 50-50 balls consistently. The Oline should be better just by having another year to jell & a reduction in mental mistakes. The TEs are just average as well. Sounds like 8-8 to 9-7.